Railroad Forums 

• Modeling the Housy?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1246689  by joetrain59

Need to re-paint Atlas GP-35 into Housy paint. Any ideas as to what paint to use, and it has to be a spray bomb:(
Joe D
 #1246866  by pomperaugrr

Joe, for modeling purposes, you can probably pick up cans of Testor/Model Master CNW Green and Yellow. I have a couple of friends at Atlas that verified they used the CNW paint colors for their Housatonic models. It looks spot on for me for color match.

Eric
 #1246877  by joetrain59

Hi Eric, I did notice Housy colors looked VERY close to CNW. That gives me some options.
Thanks,
Joe D
 #1246994  by DutchRailnut

just make sure you paint rail, very very rusty.
 #1247000  by joetrain59

And make it look like uneven jointed rail? LOL, Dutch.
Actually those paints are no longer available:(
Joe D
 #1247230  by joetrain59

Aahh, but Scalecoat has then C&NW paint in spray bombs. One color not in stock right now, but I need to wait for the nicer weather anyway.
Joe D
 #1247589  by joetrain59

[quote="FLRailFan1"]A few years ago, Housy had 2 boxcars! Are they still around?[/quote]
Never saw those! Nor a caboose, except in pix.
Joe D
 #1247599  by pomperaugrr

I have not seen the boxcars recently. The last time I saw one was about 6 years ago.

The caboose is on the siding next to the engine house in Canaan. I have not seen it on a train in years either. They used to use it primarily for long backing moves.
 #1249457  by joetrain59

As it turns out, Scalecoat "can't" fill spray can with C&NW Yellow!:( They suggested Chessie Yellow. Hmmm/
Joe D.