• Modeling the Housy?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by joetrain59

Need to re-paint Atlas GP-35 into Housy paint. Any ideas as to what paint to use, and it has to be a spray bomb:(
Joe D
  by pomperaugrr

Joe, for modeling purposes, you can probably pick up cans of Testor/Model Master CNW Green and Yellow. I have a couple of friends at Atlas that verified they used the CNW paint colors for their Housatonic models. It looks spot on for me for color match.

Eric
  by joetrain59

Hi Eric, I did notice Housy colors looked VERY close to CNW. That gives me some options.
Thanks,
Joe D
  by DutchRailnut

just make sure you paint rail, very very rusty.
  by joetrain59

And make it look like uneven jointed rail? LOL, Dutch.
Actually those paints are no longer available:(
Joe D
  by joetrain59

Aahh, but Scalecoat has then C&NW paint in spray bombs. One color not in stock right now, but I need to wait for the nicer weather anyway.
Joe D
  by FLRailFan1

A few years ago, Housy had 2 boxcars! Are they still around?
  by joetrain59

[quote="FLRailFan1"]A few years ago, Housy had 2 boxcars! Are they still around?[/quote]
Never saw those! Nor a caboose, except in pix.
Joe D
  by pomperaugrr

I have not seen the boxcars recently. The last time I saw one was about 6 years ago.

The caboose is on the siding next to the engine house in Canaan. I have not seen it on a train in years either. They used to use it primarily for long backing moves.
  by joetrain59

As it turns out, Scalecoat "can't" fill spray can with C&NW Yellow!:( They suggested Chessie Yellow. Hmmm/
Joe D.