• Farewell to Fellow Contributor and Friend, Jtgshu

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by ACeInTheHole

Thats not something to be discussed on a public forum no matter the family's stance on it. Sure, alot of us are curious, but I know better than to ask, if i were to die tomorrow I sure as heck wouldnt want it to be an internet debate. Im pretty sure John would say something similar if he could.
  by 25Hz

I guess i'd like to share something (that i didn't elaborate on earlier because i was trying to remember more details) to bring it back on topic....

The enduring personal memory of JT that i know will last is the time i saw him in his element.... He popped out of the comet 5 cab of a long branch bound train past the fence at newark penn on platform D during the short layover it had there on track 4. I was leaning on the fence and we talked for a moment about how the system was behaving that day, slippery rails, and why the coast line trains have the layover. He was entirely friendly, and i got a sense that he really knew his railroad and was into railroad history. The world, NJ/NJT, and this forum lost a really great guy and the gap will be felt by many for quite some time.

Please forgive my crap memory.
  by Noel Weaver

In the period of nonsense and useless posts on here, his posts were always interesting and informative. I will miss his intelligence, REST IN PEACE!!!!! A true loss to all of us here. Thank you Jeff for bringing this to my attention.
Noel Weaver
  by Tommy Meehan

I just saw this as well and it was a real shock. Terrible news. I always enjoyed Jtgshu's messages and I had occasion to contact him off-list quite a number of times. He was always very gracious and helpful. My condolences.
  by Greg Moore

Add my name to the list of belated condolences.
  by matawanaberdeen

I'm sorry this is the first time I'm reading this. John was a very nice, and helpful man. Gave me great advice on more than one occasion. We PM'd each a lot. I feel just terrible for his family, very sad news indeed. I will miss him on the boards, and his helpful PM's.
  by glennk419

I've been away for a while and just saw this. I never had the honor of meeting JT but may very well have ridden behind him on several occasions. I always enjoyed his contributions and will certainly miss him here.

RIP sir and my condolences to your family and those who knew you best.
  by JeffK

And my belated condolences, too. I feel awful for having missed the original posts.

Farewell, John. May your hand always be on the throttle and may the tracks be silken smooth.
  by michaelk

haven't had a chance to log in for a while. Just saw this today.

I feel terrible. Only knew of jtgshu from reading his posts here. Still would lie to say my eyes aren't welling up reading all these posts.

peace
  by Septaman113

Same here have not had a chance to log in myself in awhile. So sorry to hear about a JT. I didn't know him except on here as we had conversed a few times. He definitely had a lot of knowledge on railroading. What is shocking is that he was so young. My condolences and prayers are with his family.