Railroad Forums 

• Farewell to Fellow Contributor and Friend, Jtgshu

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1216822  by ACeInTheHole

Thats not something to be discussed on a public forum no matter the family's stance on it. Sure, alot of us are curious, but I know better than to ask, if i were to die tomorrow I sure as heck wouldnt want it to be an internet debate. Im pretty sure John would say something similar if he could.
 #1216895  by 25Hz

I guess i'd like to share something (that i didn't elaborate on earlier because i was trying to remember more details) to bring it back on topic....

The enduring personal memory of JT that i know will last is the time i saw him in his element.... He popped out of the comet 5 cab of a long branch bound train past the fence at newark penn on platform D during the short layover it had there on track 4. I was leaning on the fence and we talked for a moment about how the system was behaving that day, slippery rails, and why the coast line trains have the layover. He was entirely friendly, and i got a sense that he really knew his railroad and was into railroad history. The world, NJ/NJT, and this forum lost a really great guy and the gap will be felt by many for quite some time.

Please forgive my crap memory.
 #1218054  by Noel Weaver

In the period of nonsense and useless posts on here, his posts were always interesting and informative. I will miss his intelligence, REST IN PEACE!!!!! A true loss to all of us here. Thank you Jeff for bringing this to my attention.
Noel Weaver
 #1219124  by matawanaberdeen

I'm sorry this is the first time I'm reading this. John was a very nice, and helpful man. Gave me great advice on more than one occasion. We PM'd each a lot. I feel just terrible for his family, very sad news indeed. I will miss him on the boards, and his helpful PM's.
 #1219562  by glennk419

I've been away for a while and just saw this. I never had the honor of meeting JT but may very well have ridden behind him on several occasions. I always enjoyed his contributions and will certainly miss him here.

RIP sir and my condolences to your family and those who knew you best.
 #1219613  by JeffK

And my belated condolences, too. I feel awful for having missed the original posts.

Farewell, John. May your hand always be on the throttle and may the tracks be silken smooth.
 #1220629  by Septaman113

Same here have not had a chance to log in myself in awhile. So sorry to hear about a JT. I didn't know him except on here as we had conversed a few times. He definitely had a lot of knowledge on railroading. What is shocking is that he was so young. My condolences and prayers are with his family.