• Port Authority Trans Hudson (PATH) employment

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by wjw002

bellabear wrote:yea this sucks ...lets hope for the best!! maybe one day will work together
Check your mail when you get a chance.
  by trentals21

FINALLY, after years of applying and a couple interviews I recieved a letter today that I qualified on the oral test and avaluation process for entry level maintenance for PATH..... My name will be added to a data base of qualified candidates.... So basically I am going to be sitting in a pool of andidates until vacancies arise....Does anyone know how long this usually takes?
  by wjw002

trentals21 wrote:FINALLY, after years of applying and a couple interviews I recieved a letter today that I qualified on the oral test and avaluation process for entry level maintenance for PATH..... My name will be added to a data base of qualified candidates.... So basically I am going to be sitting in a pool of andidates until vacancies arise....Does anyone know how long this usually takes?
Congrats! Your in the same boat that myself and some others are in. As I understand it, you're on the list until someone leaves or is promoted into another position, could be tomorrow could be a year from tomorrow.
  by trentals21

Thanks, its been a long time coming. When I interviewed it was for track and structual worker. I hope its not a year from now, on the letter i recieved it says i will be elgible for placement for a period of one year. I hope interviewing for track and structual worker dosent limit me to just that position. With the other departments in Maintenance
  by ednyc7

trentals21 wrote:Thanks, its been a long time coming. When I interviewed it was for track and structual worker. I hope its not a year from now, on the letter i recieved it says i will be elgible for placement for a period of one year. I hope interviewing for track and structual worker dosent limit me to just that position. With the other departments in Maintenance
Did they ask for a background check or is that only for passenger info agent. I got the same letter and what I'm hearing its a lottery to get pick for your position.
Its been months and i still have not heard of anything from path since i received that letter.
  by trentals21

Im not certain if they did a bachground check, but i would think so. They did say I passed the oral test and evaluation process.
  by ednyc7

trentals21 wrote:Im not certain if they did a bachground check, but i would think so. They did say I passed the oral test and evaluation process.
I just want to know when the year is up do you have to do the whole process over. Take the test, oral test ect. I hope it doesn't come to that for us.

How many interviews did you got too?
  by trentals21

I took the test 3 times, failed it the first because of the math part.. then I passed the test the 2nd time and went for an interview at the harrison car maintenance facility, and I failed the oral test. Then the last time I took the test was in November passed, got scheduled for an interview 4/12 and got my letter 5/9 that I passed the oral interview and evaluation process. so 3 tests, 2 interviews. and pobably a total of 3 years.
  by ednyc7

trentals21 wrote:I took the test 3 times, failed it the first because of the math part.. then I passed the test the 2nd time and went for an interview at the harrison car maintenance facility, and I failed the oral test. Then the last time I took the test was in November passed, got scheduled for an interview 4/12 and got my letter 5/9 that I passed the oral interview and evaluation process. so 3 tests, 2 interviews. and pobably a total of 3 years.

3 years is a lot. what was this interview for trackman, asst signal repairman, or maintenance facility?
  by trentals21

the first interview I had was for general maintainer, cleaning the trains. I was really nervous on that one and just lost focus. but this last interview i went on was for track and structual worker
  by bellabear

Has anyone been hired off a waiting list with the port authority before ....in any postion !!!
And if so how long did you have to wait?
  by ednyc7

bellabear wrote:Has anyone been hired off a waiting list with the port authority before ....in any postion !!!
Also has anyone pass the oral interview and never got called and had to do it all over again. Did you have to take the test again?
  by trentals21

ednyc7 wrote:
bellabear wrote:Has anyone been hired off a waiting list with the port authority before ....in any postion !!!
Also has anyone pass the oral interview and never got called and had to do it all over again. Did you have to take the test again?
Hey Ednyc7 what position did you apply for?
  by MKIIBraz

Hello Guys I'm new here

Applied for the general repairman, with my experience I got a call back for the assistant signal repairman.
Whent for the interview, and just received a letter stating I was placed on a waiting list.
Does anyone have any information as to how long the waiting proces might be.
also what is the pay scale they follow I was told I'de be staritng at $23 an hour to start.

Thanks in advance