• Port Authority Trans Hudson (PATH) employment

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

• 227 posts
  by ednyc7

trentals21 wrote:
ednyc7 wrote:
bellabear wrote:Has anyone been hired off a waiting list with the port authority before ....in any postion !!!
And if so how long did you have to wait?
Also has anyone pass the oral interview and never got called and had to do it all over again. Did you have to take the test again?
Hey Ednyc7 what position did you apply for?
Entry Level Maintenance Position. I got interview for assistant signal repairmen. I don't know if that covers all 3 position openings.
  by trentals21

MKIIBraz wrote:Hello Guys I'm new here

Applied for the general repairman, with my experience I got a call back for the assistant signal repairman.
Whent for the interview, and just received a letter stating I was placed on a waiting list.
Does anyone have any information as to how long the waiting proces might be.
also what is the pay scale they follow I was told I'de be staritng at $23 an hour to start.

Thanks in advance
hey,
just like a few of us on here you are in the same boat. there are some guys on here that have been waiting on a list for a few months now.
So im guessing based on there hiring needs and if someone quits or moves from that craft people will start getting calls.
just hang in there
  by ednyc7

trentals21 wrote:Has anyone waiting on the list of to be hired heard anything?
Nothing at all.
  by wjw002

ednyc7 wrote:
trentals21 wrote:Has anyone waiting on the list of to be hired heard anything?
Nothing at all.
\Only that there are no availible PIA positions at this time.
  by trentals21

So today I recieved an email from PATH HR saying I need to update my application a to be further considered for the Trackman position. I was sent another Application and Consent attachments to be filled out and mailed back. Hopefully they can finally get the ball rolling.
  by wjw002

trentals21 wrote:So today I recieved an email from PATH HR saying I need to update my application a to be further considered for the Trackman position. I was sent another Application and Consent attachments to be filled out and mailed back. Hopefully they can finally get the ball rolling.
Just curious why you have to update the application?
  by ednyc7

trentals21 wrote:So today I recieved an email from PATH HR saying I need to update my application a to be further considered for the Trackman position. I was sent another Application and Consent attachments to be filled out and mailed back. Hopefully they can finally get the ball rolling.

Was the consent form a background release?
  by trentals21

Idk exactly why I need to update the app...they just said to be further considered it needs to be updated. And the consent was from sterling im not sure if it is a background or just a credit check
  by ednyc7

bellabear wrote:Sterling is doing my backround ....:)
Congrats man. How do you know? Do you know if you get hired after the background clears?
  by bellabear

My old empolyer called me said they were asking questions..so I would say just any day. Now :)
  by matawanaberdeen

trentals21 wrote:Anybody hear anything? how long does the background check usually take?
Background check should not take longer than a week, could take 2 days if they do it right.