• Official Black River Railroad Historic Trust Thread

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Ken W2KB

OCtrainguy wrote:I did head out to the BR&W yesterday afternoon and had an enjoyable time. Though it was a bit too warm for my liking this late in September, the corn maze was fun and a few of the checkpoints were tricky to find. We had a lot of fun in the corn maze and the kids enjoyed picking their pumpkins as well. A real nice way to spend our Saturday afternoon and early evening.
Happy to hear you enjoyed it! Thanks for the positive feedback!
  by OCtrainguy

You're welcome. When we rode the train to the corn maze, the kids all agreed on the flatcar for our seating preference, but heading back to Ringoes, my son wanted to sit in the flatcar, but my daughter wanted the caboose. It made them both happy. My daughter was so happy with her pumpkin and was telling everyone at the soccer game about it...
  by Ken W2KB

Lots and lots of passengers today to the maze. And a horse team drawn farm wagon ride around the maze added! I'd have photos but that little ol' FRA rule against personal electronic devices gets in the way. Have to try and find my Pentax H3v from high school days - a good SLR with *no* electronics if I remove the clip on light meter from the pentaprism viewfinder housing. :wink:
  by blockline4180

Nice photos!
  by bigjim4life

Well this is encouraging...from the official website:

"Oct 19, 2010: #60 has officially passed her required FRA inspection! Preparations are underway for break-in runs on the BR&W."

So...now the question is...when? :-)
  by Ken W2KB

Saturday 11/6/2010 9:00 am at Ringoes passenger station

The monthly Black River Railroad Historical Trust membership meeting will take place. Board of Director nominations will be closing. Also, discussion for the 2011 passenger season.

Prospective new members welcome!
  by wolfboy8171981

bigjim4life wrote:Well this is encouraging...from the official website:

"Oct 19, 2010: #60 has officially passed her required FRA inspection! Preparations are underway for break-in runs on the BR&W."

Between the hours of 00:01 and 23:59 on the day that ends in "y". :wink:
  by bigjim4life

wolfboy8171981 wrote:
bigjim4life wrote:Well this is encouraging...from the official website:

Between the hours of 00:01 and 23:59 on the day that ends in "y". :wink:
So then I'm assuming that midnight is out of the question... :wink: