Railroad Forums 

• Official Black River Railroad Historic Trust Thread

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#870970  by PVRX1

Freight Saturday 11-13 will run backwards (of sorts) Three Bridges to Ringoes to Three Bridges, 0800 on duty. SW1200 1202 for power.

Decent size train. 3 cars TB to Flem, 5 cars Flem - Ring, 7 cars Ring to TB if anyone wants to venture out.
 #873086  by Ken W2KB

OCtrainguy wrote:I went to get tickets for the North Pole Express trains and saw that every one of them is sold out. Good news for the BR&W and the BRRHT.
Good news indeed. I am brakeman on two of the NPXs and conductor on two; looking forward to conveying people from Flemington to the North Pole Station. :wink: The day trains - the Santa Expresses - are not by reservation and tickets can be purchased at Flemington PRR Station on operating days.
 #873140  by OCtrainguy

Yes, I saw the information about the Santa Express trains. The family and I have rode the North Pole Express the past two years, and the weather has been cooperative with some snow. I was hoping to ride the night train again this year. But I will check into one of the day trains.

Here's GP9 752 at at Flemington Station in the snow boarding passengers from December 6, 2008.
 #874124  by wolfboy8171981

http://brrht.org/eventSantaExpress.html

About
The Santa Express is our traditional Christmas train featuring an opportunity to meet Santa and his elves. These trains operate on our regular daytime schedule between Flemington and Ringoes, NJ. On each train, Santa and his elves will go through the train to greet each child and give them a free candy cane. The Santa Express is the perfect way for your toddlers to meet Santa for the first time in a comfortable atmosphere!
Schedule
Nov 26-28 (Fri-Sun)
Dec 4-5 (Sat-Sun)
Dec 11-12 (Sat-Sun)
Round-trip trains depart Flemington PRR station each day of operation at 11:30 AM, 1:00 PM, and 2:30 PM.
Allow approx. 75 minutes for your roundtrip ride.
Santa and his elves are on each train described in the above schedule.

Tickets
Age Standard Price Group Rate
Under 3 FREE FREE
3-12 $7.00 $6.00
12+ $14.00 $12.00

Tickets are available at Flemington PRR station ONLY. Station hours are 11:10 AM - 2:30 PM.

We accept cash, VISA, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, and BR&W Gift Cards.

We do not offer advance sales of tickets for the Santa Express.

The group rate is available to groups of 20 or more (not including passengers under age 3). If you plan to ride with a large group, please contact Marian LaRowe in advance of your visit at [email protected] so that we may better accomodate you.

Additional Information
The Santa Express is powered by one of our diesel-electric locomotives.

The Santa Express operates rain or shine. However, we reserve the right to modify the train schedule at any time in response to severe weather conditions or as other operating conditions require. In the event of a train cancellation, information will be prominently posted on our home page as soon as possible.
 #875706  by bigjim4life

Everyone who cares about the BRRHT should do this, imho...on the main page of the BR&W website, is a link to a "BR&W Customer Survey" - with some interesting ideas/suggestions that everyone who cares about the BR&W should vote on - including ideas like cab rides, trips from Ringoes-Three Bridges, etc etc. Please fill out this survey!

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewfor ... c6MQ#gid=0
 #876316  by PVRX1

The NYSWTHS Bel-Del Christmas operation requires two locomotives, one on each end for their 9-10 car train. Hence 752 (GP9) was sent up there to join 8142 (SW1200RS).

1202 (SW1200) is solo freight and passenger loco at Ringoes for now.

1848 (GP9) is stored oos at the W&W in Bridgeton, NJ; 780 (GP7U), 1849 (GP9), 1850 (GP9), 1853 (GP9), 1854 (GP8), 1856 (GP10), 9581 (SD9M), and 8159 (SW1200RS) are all out on leases in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and Virginia.

Motor car M55 is oos, 60 is dormant til at least spring.

The two privately owned pieces, 112 and 4666 are also oos. Both are under complete restoration to service.