Railroad Forums 

• NYS&W Another Era Begins?

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#435342  by amoreho1

mountie17 wrote:
Susquehaniewikiwokiwani wrote:Ok where is the M-1 now?
The M-1 is NOT owned by Susquehanna and is at Phillipsburg with the also-owned NYS&WTHS 142.
The M-1 is owned by the URHS and leased by the NYS&WT&HS. Sadly, as that organization has moved away from anything remotely related to the NYS&W, the M-1 has been set aside, forgotten in favor of wine trains and miniature golf courses in Phillipsburg.
i believe the other rdcs are in syracuse

#435348  by Sid Farkus

Then how come the M-1 hasn't been used in Phillipsburg in years. It was brought back to NY or NJ after the inaugural season of NYSW in Phillipsburg.

#435349  by amoreho1

Susquehaniewikiwokiwani wrote:Then how come the M-1 hasn't been used in Phillipsburg in years. It was brought back to NY or NJ after the inaugural season of NYSW in Phillipsburg.
I think i saw a pic of it in utica

#435370  by Sid Farkus

Where, why, who, how and when?

#435410  by Sid Farkus

That's not the M-1. Sorry about the double post. Wonder where the M-1 is and the ones that are being rebuilt by the Mechanical Department the M-2 and the M-4?

#435424  by Erie-Lackawanna

Why don't you create a new thread with a discussion of the whereabouts of the RDCs and/or other equipment? It really doesn't fit with this discussion of the NYSW beginning a new era.

:)

Jim

#435496  by PVRX1

As far as I know, the 142 and coaches are being used on Th ePhillipsburg exucrsions. Additional coaches and RDCs are at the NYSWTHS shop building in Butler, NJ.

The RDC's in Syracuse are part of the railroad fleet for the On Trak service.

Mr. Fenno has been the railroad's chief legal counsel for better than 20 years.

#435873  by GOLDEN-ARM

Thanks, Erie Lackawanna Jim. You said it. This topic has wandered enough. It was asked to stop "guessing", and "stay on topic". Got something to add? Send me a PM, and we'll see. Fire off a new thread, regarding the RDC's, and whatever else you are curious about. Alco threads already available, so add to them. <<<CLICK>>> :(