Railroad Forums 

• NYA With New Power?

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.

#159319  by DogBert

oh yes, they definitely need that SD45. LOL!

I wonder with gas prices going through the roof if they'll test one of them green goats...

#159380  by badneighbor

i like the GE C36-7 units... four of those would be good. maybe too big for here, but they would be good for the stone train.

#159384  by LIRRNOVA55

any one wanna put a pool to buy the sd45? lol

#159551  by mutz155

IMAGINE THE NYAR BEING A REAL RAILROAD!

#159557  by RRChef

how about those rebuilt Alcos with the Cat engines? Would be a big improvement over current power. :P

#159768  by B&ABL256

RRChef wrote:how about those rebuilt Alcos with the Cat engines? Would be a big improvement over current power. :P
I agree Alcos all the way! they will smoke just as much as alcos do with those cats in them.

#159815  by badneighbor

always the best attended forum on here... NYA 'new' power discussion...

#159876  by RRChef

Did anyone click on the link on that page that says "locomotive list"? You will notice that about 1/2 of the available for sale have engine or main generator failure and with the exception of a few GP7's and a few Alcos that are running, the rest have various mechanical problems. So yes these would be good engines to add to the deadline at Fresh Pond!! :P

#159981  by badneighbor

add some green water color finger paint...

#160110  by Long Island 9627

I Guess NYA Not Going To Get More GP38s

#161135  by badneighbor

So, out of the NYA fleet, what is running and what is not? all four geeps are up arent they? which of the rest is up?

#161187  by Scrap em Again

Only engine currently down is the 151, 156 made its first trip out east in 3 years today. I wonder how that experiment went, and if it gave the local fire departments along the way some "railroad experience" :wink: 9321 was donated as a static display to RMLI. It will complement those engines there as it does not work either LOL!!

#161319  by LIRRNOVA55

Whats wrogn with 9321 now? and why in the worlds did NTA leave it running??

#161333  by badneighbor

on stone train, 156 looked terrible but sounded good, didnt seem to miss a beat while switching, pushing and pulling at prima.