Railroad Forums 

• NYA lease questions.

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #916157  by Teutobergerwald

That Jamaica Ash spur that goes into their building just west of the Wantagh Parkway looked pretty rusty when I passed last week eastbound. Are they switched only occasionally?
 #917002  by workextra

The problem is the current "operators" of the LIRR as well as those who were "placed" and not earned their positions.
Provided the stated would get smart and independently operate the LIRR, then they can handle the freight. the MTA is a big problem and thorn in the side of the railroad. They're a rapid transit not railroad minded operation.
There is no "reason" why the state cannot pull the LIRR from MTA after all the state supersedes the MTA. the "laws" mentioned mean nothing with the stroke of a pen.
As for the site in CI what ever knuckle had said "come back after the 2nd track" he should be disciplined, and fined to pay a percentage of the siding. There is no reason that the siding cannot be configured so that when the 2nd track is installed it flows seamlessly into it.
The freight shippers are VALUED CUSTOMERS TOO!!!!! PR should never forget that.
 #917096  by DogBert

I'd be very surprised if csx were to ever give up the fremont and interchange at oak point or harlem river. even with the 2 round trips on weekdays it's cash in their pocket. nya (or whoever) would likely need more power, it would probably take awhile for it to be worth the investment.
 #917351  by KEN PATRICK

my experience in setting up the waste mgmt harlem river intermodal adventure gave me insight into csxt/ny&a operations relative to the varick ave-bushwick move. at the time queens govt got ny&A to agree not to store msw cars at freshpond. it was prefect timing for a pull over hell gate for our 10 cars/day. ( the barretti move went over the cross harbor. operationally & financially csxt was in agreement. a&p decided to 'wait it out'. as i see it, today, an argument can be made for usrail's 30 stone cars/day to be interchanged to usrail at oak point. using usrail power/people, the 70 mile trip would operate 2300-0600. if mta kills the greenport service, this window opens. no additional investment is required of anyone. ny&a gets a modest license fee. csxt pricing is under the 'haulage' agreement for cp traffic- the origin of the stone. great usage of existing capacity. ken patrick