Railroad Forums 

• NS H-02 - sightings and reports

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1433153  by Matt3010

pdtrains wrote:Oh Jeez. I mean from now till the shortline takeover. Obviously there will be no H02 after someone else is taking over the local freight biz.
I know.

I'm saying that I don't think that NS will make such a change when the takeover is just months away.
 #1433497  by blockline4180

Matt3010 wrote:H02 ran to Washington again today...
Yeah, I think it went east with 18 cars or so.

Still a good chunk, mostly tankers in Washington this morning.
 #1433659  by Matt3010

H02 brought 18 cars back from Washington today, most of them being tankers for the M&E. It sounded awesome going up the hill at Mt. Olive as 3010 was notched out.
 #1433800  by NYS&W142Fan

cjvrr wrote:The tank cars being stored on the Whippany line are empties.
Are you so sure? According to the reports my friend gets the cars coming over are loads.

CBTX 784196 L ME LIQUE GIBSON GAS LIQUIDS
 #1433893  by Matt3010

NYS&W142Fan wrote:
cjvrr wrote:The tank cars being stored on the Whippany line are empties.
Are you so sure? According to the reports my friend gets the cars coming over are loads.

CBTX 784196 L ME LIQUE GIBSON GAS LIQUIDS
Although the M&E is storing mostly empties on the Whippany Line, there are some loads on their trackage that are stored. The M&E has been installing many more sidings along their line to make room for all of these incoming tankers, particularly between Morristown and Whippany. With the loss of the Morris County lines in the future, this might be the future of the M&E.
 #1433916  by Matt3010

pdtrains wrote:Hopefully there is some revenue freight moving, not just cars for storage..
I believe there are three or four sidings on the Whippany Line that receive cars.