Railroad Forums 

• NS H-02 - sightings and reports

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1437873  by Joseph DeLuisi

Thanks for the info. Pumpers the rigging firm that your referring to is Supor Bros on First St. Many moons ago they would always have one or two tank cars on their siding. I don't know if they still receive rail service. Also, I think General Chemical is the industry that the M&E interchanges with CSX for. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
 #1437875  by ccutler

I think all customers on Center Street are gone. The chemical plant was recently demolished. Google maps satellite view shows that there is no siding anymore near 1st street. The street view shows the demolished factory. I believe CSX serviced customers on Center Street, and had room to interchange with M&E at a runaround track east Frank Rogers Blvd.
 #1437884  by Matt3010

pdtrains wrote:Does anyone know if H65 is running at all anymore? If its still going 6 days a week, the crew has got next to nothing to do.
Yes, they now only run three days a week
 #1437894  by bk77

Joseph DeLuisi wrote:And thank you too Chuxter, yes Bunge is in Kearny so I imagine their switch job is based in the South Kearny yard. Bunge is in the vegetable shortening business.
I believe it's a job out of Croxton.... I'll usually see them come past on NJT at around 11PM while leaving work at the MMC.

Up until about 6 or 7 years ago Supor would get an occasional coil car of steel, which you would see spotted outside their ware house along 280. Been a LONG time since I've seen them get anything.
 #1438077  by pumpers

Joseph DeLuisi wrote:Thanks for the info. Pumpers the rigging firm that your referring to is Supor Bros on First St. ...
Yes, thank you, that's what I couldn't quite get the neurons to come up with!
 #1440088  by Matt3010

Matt3010 wrote:BRW 915 was in Allentown yesterday by the hump. H02 will be bringing it to Lake Jct. sometime this week.
Move delayed due to repair work..