• New Hampshire Central Railroad (NHCR) Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

• 876 posts
  by bigfreight

Track crew is working today on the line. They were in Lancaster at 700AM headed south with a number of pieces of equipment. I believe the name on the boom truck was NRM Rail services. He was picking up the old ties that were replaced . You probably could catch them between Lancaster and Hazen today. It looks like they have some ballasting to do yet.
  by bigfreight

They were on the line Tuesday. Mostly ballast work . I am thinking they are done. All the equipment went north to Groveton Monday and Tuesday. Got two pictures yesterday
  by BM1566GP7

The ST 72 (Ex B&M 1741) is at Danville Jct, awaiting pickup by the SLR for the trip to Groveton. The NHCR will move it to Hazen's, where the CSRX will take it to North Conway. Perhaps the NHCR will use a CSRX loco, instead of their own for the move from Groveton to Hazens.
  by highrail

My sense is that the engine may head to North Stratford first, before heading, at some point, to Hazens. No clear timeline
  by ericofmaine

It is heading to North Stratford first as when we set up shipping on SLR, the Groveton line wasn't open. Once we were informed that the Groveton line was open, we were unable to change the shipping to have the unit dropped there instead of a scenic journey around the north country.

Eric