Railroad Forums 

• LA&L, B&H, WNYP Train Movements 2010

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#768035  by the1jp

Even as I post this at 9:25 on Saturday morning the 418 is in the Avon Village refilling Barilla 's receiving building. As well, they are probably going to move some grain cars down to Barilla's siding because the Avon yard is full of those cars.

The 418 also has the 45 year decal on the flank.

It is too cold to stand outside and watch!
Jeff
 #769659  by scottychaos

:P
Mike Stellpflug wrote: At Pole Bridge Road.

Mike,
I have to say..im really impressed with some of the unusual photo angles you have been finding lately! :P
its obvious you are really putting some thought into this..

The LAL runs through some generally flat and boring territory, so im enjoying the variety you are finding!
I also noticed this one recently:

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.p ... 893&nseq=1

nice! :P

Scot
 #769693  by alsorailfan

Have to agree with Scott about this picture. That is quite a hike up there but then I've never noticed it in the summer as the foliage is dense. Nice!
About 14 cars out of Lakeville with a quick stop to pick up 6 from north Avon yard. Will post pictures later.
chris
 #769701  by Mike Stellpflug

Thanks guys,

It's a tough shot. It looks straight into the sun, so it is a cloudy day only shot.
It really only looks good with snow. I ended up on my backside a couple times going up and
down that hill - it's steeper than it looks.

Chris, was that you at the yard in the maroon van?
 #769726  by alsorailfan

Mike,
That must have been you in the pick up coming and going then and yes that was me in the maroon van. Forgot now why the few pictures I have at Pole Bridge Rd are on the south side because of the sun. Glad to know my orginal guess about that climb is not far off! At least you had snow, bushes, leaves and your coat to temper your falls! :-) Have to some day go thru the CDs and find that those pictures I took more or less straight ahead on that other hill before those trees started getting big. Since I've gotten a decent camera, have not been back there to the road on the west side on a cloudy day. Gotten too hung up for Papermill Rd. for some reason.
Posting of pictures are going to have to wait until the weekend. Our computer just now went into the shop...over 6 years old and just not performing as it should any more :(
chris
 #770012  by scottychaos

ckwwestshore wrote:Awesome shot Mike-railpictures would have to be idiots to turn this one down!
Charlie
well, they often *are* idiots! ;)
I can see that shot being rejected for "cloudy/overcast" or "bad light" or some such ridiculous reason..
while meanwhile the 10,000th photo of a NS Dash-9 roster shot gets in..Image

Scot
 #773135  by scottychaos

Mike Stellpflug wrote:Unusual arrangement today.
420 - 425 - BH 422 out of Lakeville with 7 cars.
Out of Avon with 11 cars.

wow! that is unusual..
I dont think i have ever seen 420 and 425 coupled nose-to-nose before..
I wonder why that was done?

Perhaps 422 and 425 are going to be the new 2-unit road set for a bit, and 420 might be taken out of the mix for awhile..

Scot