Railroad Forums 

• Just finishing at NARS, any GCOR, or job advise?

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#203984  by gojoe19

bnsfjordan- I hired on the BN side. I think BN pays a bit more for training, but SF gets 100% in the yard and BN gets 80% unless you're the foreman.

wannertant- they should contact you shortly after the open position closes. It sucks waiting, doesn't it :P depending upon where you are and how many they need, it could be tomorow, or next month, or five months. I started to wonder if i'd ever get my final letter, and then I got it three days before training started. try to be patient, or do what I did and call HR. Good luck

#203988  by bnsfjordan

Wannertant, how long did they tell you it would take at your interview? They told me 4 weeks, and that's exactly how long it took to get my condtional offer. I don't know that it necessarily depends on when the position opens or closes. The opening for La Junta won't be posted until February or March, but they still hired me 4 months in advance.

#204045  by Wannertant

bnsf jordan,

they didnt tell us anything the lady said that one way or another we would recieve an email from them. I was so nervous in the interview i forgot to ask how long it would take to hear from them. I talked with everyone in my class and no asked either. Although i did see a job posting on the internet for the city i want and decided to apply for it without waiting from the school (some of the instructors told us to do that), it closed on this past sunday so i hope to hear something soon, I just really dont want to have to interview again. The instructors also said that if we do apply and they call us for an interview to tell them i already interviewed with the nars program, so honestly i have no idea what is going on.

#206476  by route_rock

Patience young grasshoppers! Soon you will be caleld for a life of un and frivolity.

#206911  by Wannertant

thank you all i just recieved my conditional offer of employment :-D

#215123  by Wannertant

gojoe i havent heard anything from you in a while how is everything going? I am still waiting to get my final letter.

#215151  by Wannertant

Also what is your schedule like?
 #217239  by curtin

I graduated from the NARS program on Feb 17th and we interviewed with BNSF during the program on Feb. 8th I still have not heard anything yet getting kind of worried, I have applied for all kinds of jobs with BNSF, UP,and a couple short lines and have not heard anything should i be worried about not getting a job or what they said threw the program that there is a 90% shot of getting a job not specifically with BNSF but a railroad job should i be more patient or just figure the $6000 for the school was just a waste Please feel free to comment to as what i should be expecting not quit sure any help would be good help at this point thanks

#217689  by gojoe19

I've been quite busy, congrats on the conditional offer wannertant. It seemed like it took forever before I got my final letter, nearly a month. It will come, I know it sucks waiting. Curtin. most of the nars guys who graduated before the end of the year got in the first class here, I think you have a definite leg up on the competition. If you just graduated a week ago you have to be more patient. I graduated in Oct. and started work in Jan. and I did'nt get my final letter untill a week before I started. BNSF is hiring all over the place lately so give it some time. The word I got was about 1700 trainmen to be hired this year. There really isn't much of a schedule, it changes week to week in the yard jobs, and you're on call for road jobs. They're trying to let us get some time on various times of the day and different types of work.