Railroad Forums 

• Iron Horse Park (North Billerica)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#259546  by Ron Newman

Are the T buses driven here, or shipped here by rail? Are they to be shipped out by rail?

#259574  by sery2831

They were towed up by a T wrecker. I assume they are trucked out of there on a flatbed. But I am not sure about that, I do know they arent being moved by rail. The T owns that land it is a good hiding place for them.

#259778  by b&m 1566

The MBTA owns that land? I always thought the land belonged to Guilford after all Guilford's main office is right next to the buses and just on the other side of the main office Guilford has a bunch of "junk" laying around (cross bucks etc.).

#259877  by sery2831

The T leases that land...

#259885  by rb

Those buses are in better shape than a lot of the ones the T runs.

#260219  by U-Haul

Thank you for those bus pictures. There sure are alot of GMC RTS's, but no slant backs and there appears to be a few modified GMC New Looks.
http://www.hopetunnel.org/bus/00aa/5200.jpg
STAR TREK 40TH ANNIVERSARY

#260309  by MEC407

Cool stuff John. Thanks for sharing.
 #260797  by Cosmo

sery2831 wrote:I took some pictures of the stored T buses and trackless trolleys out back of the main Pan Am building. In the gallery you can see the old main back shop. Enjoy!

http://sery2831.smugmug.com/gallery/1578737
But I thought the PAN AM Building was in NYC! :-D

(SORRY! Sorry,.... I just couldn't let that one go. :P )
Cosmo

hi

#261080  by thebigham

Thanks!

How many plows were there?

Any locomotives? 3 were there and one was shipped out...

Chris

#261178  by sery2831

I could only find that plow. I know of 2 locos that were there, the one MEC that was sent out and a Conrail unit. I didnt see the Conrail engine at all, they must have moved it... Maybe out back with the 2 RDCs???

#265358  by CSX Conductor

sery2831 wrote:They were towed up by a T wrecker.
If they were operable I would think a 40 bus convoy would be quicker and easier. Drop the 40 or so busses and then have one bus drive all the other drivers back to Boston. Oh well, job security for the wrecker. :-)

#265383  by wolfmom69

Yes CSX Conductor-THAT would have made sense-but that's Massachusetts and there are strong unions. I'd almost bet there is something in the union contract about out of service busses.

Besides that-do the math! Those drivers would probably ALL get O/T ,probably 8 hrs for the short drive and ride!

Bud :wink:

#268389  by bigbronco85

Was there taking photos a few weeks ago when I had nothing to do.
I was surprised to see some of the buses junked were the ones that had just been redone in new paint not that long ago. New tires and stuff as well.
There's the trackless trolleys there, the one plow, the 2 RDCs (VERY overgrown and both have end damage) that building that they welded the rail in, some boxcars and locomotives. It's a cool place.

Unfortunately kids are starting to find out about it and breaking bus windows, tagging stuff, paintballing, etc...

Few less than stellar exterior pics:

Inside the Buddliners:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/ ... G_1567.jpg

#268686  by Red Wing

Unfortunately kids are starting to find out about it and breaking bus windows, tagging stuff, paintballing, etc...
I'm glad to see that Rica Nation kids haven't changed.