Railroad Forums 

• Iron Horse Park (North Billerica)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#720209  by atsf sp

Other than the RDCs, are there any engines left at Iron Horse Park?
 #720248  by GP40MC1118

No locomotives left at Billerica. The last three derelicts were shipped out a few years
ago - two MEC GP38's (254, 259) and an ex-CR GP40.

D
 #849227  by theman8318

Hey All,

I was wondering how the security was at Billerica Shops?

My band wants to do a photo shoot there. Is there anyway we can be granted a permit?

Anyone here know security there?

Thanks for the help

Dave
 #849720  by moth

This does still exist and sees ocasional traffic. I doubt that they would give you a permit, but it can't hurt to ask.
 #869104  by cpf354

The shops themselves are abandoned, with a portion still occupied by the main offices of Pan Am Railways. There are other businesses around the property.
 #1011230  by bostonrailfan

i am wondering how to get to the former B&M shops to take pictures of the place, but i have no idea on where it is located or how to get to it. I understand that i will need to take the commuter rail train from north station to the north billerica depot, but from there i have no idea on how to get there. if anyone could place help me out on how to get to the former b&M shops i would greatly appreciate it, thank you
 #1011257  by TPR37777

The former Boston and Maine maintenance facility was renamed Iron Horse Park. If you walk south from the North Billerica station on Rogers Street and then take a left on High Street the entrance will be on your right. If you go beyond the entrance driveway on High Street you will come to a very well preserved remnant of the Middlesex Canal.
 #1011261  by jr145

I would highly advise against going anywhere near that property. The entire area is private property and going there without having business in the area makes you subject to arrest. The railroad police also actively patrol the area since the police station is built into Pan Am's headquarters. Hell I got stopped one time walking from one customer to another to check on something when I wasn't wearing an official pan am vest.