Railroad Forums 

• HO-2 For Nov. 12, 2005

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#184701  by jmp883

On reputable authority (one who works for a local rr):

HO-2 will be on-duty at Dover, 7am, Saturday morning. First stop is Morristown where they will pick up the M&E #20. Next stop is Denville to pick up 17 cars, then to Chester Jct. for 4 cars. Next stop will be Washington. After working Washington the train will head back east. I'm not sure of what the exact car count will be, but it should be a fairly decent train since they're picking up the M&E #20 for extra horsepower. My source wasn't sure if they were picking up 38 cars in Washington or if the total train car count will be 38. Anyway, once headed eastbound they'll be stopping first at Chester Jct, then Dover, then Morristown, and finally tying up at Dover.

Enjoy the day chasing! :-D

#184708  by nick11a

Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately, I will not be able to chase it- but good chasing to all.

Nick

#184716  by doctordirt

I am told they will probably be going to Boonton after Washington for a load of steel... Long day.

Busy times!
Doc

#184718  by nick11a

doctordirt wrote:I am told they will probably be going to Boonton after Washington for a load of steel... Long day.

Busy times!
Doc
I'll say. Have fun folks tomorrow!

#184729  by Lackawanna484

doctordirt wrote:I am told they will probably be going to Boonton after Washington for a load of steel... Long day.

Busy times!
Doc

How's that steel supplier making out? Haven't heard much about their shipment activity lately.

#184784  by jmp883

According to my source the Boonton cars were picked up today and placed on the wye at Denville for tomorrow's HO-2.

#184821  by denvillerailfan

Managed to get a few shots of the cars waiting at the wye...

http://denvillerailfan.rrpicturearchive ... px?id=7951

And an attempt at a couple more trains while I was there...

Don't know if I'll get out tomorrow so please pass on any updates. If the timing works out, ya never know.

Should be an interesting day.

#184855  by denvillerailfan

Wye track is empty as of 9am.

#184874  by nick11a

denvillerailfan wrote:Wye track is empty as of 9am.
Huh, wow, H-02 must have left pretty early then.

#184950  by washingtonsecondary

Got the word late, and took off outta Hackettstown around 2.

I headed west and caught him at Nova Borriallis. I was suprsed to find that not only did he have 5607, but it had former Conrail switcher 2208 with it. I'd post pictures, but they got washed out because of the western sun.

2 engines plus 25, mostly box cars.

#184966  by njt4172

denvillerailfan wrote:Wye track is empty as of 9am.
Yeah Jeff... you just missed him! He came with the 5607 at around 8:15 am..... Was gone by 8:45...Left going west with 14 cars and then picked up another 10-15 in Chester Junction....

Steve

#184996  by denvillerailfan

Huh, so no M&E???

Anyway, I guess they were going to Boonton today after all... while having dinner at Friday's tonight, @ 5:25 what appeared to be 2 engines west over Rt46... Wasn't sure, but I thought I saw Conrail emblems. Couldn't tell from the doorway since nobody would get out of the way!!! so I missed it. Now I know my eye's didn't deceive me.

Hope some pic's came through... sounded like a good one.

About as good as it gets until the cutoff opens and the stacks start coming through... ;-)

#185070  by Lackawanna484

denvillerailfan wrote:

About as good as it gets until the cutoff opens and the stacks start coming through... ;-)
the garbage stack trains? :-D
Last edited by Lackawanna484 on Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#185075  by washingtonsecondary

Wow. H02 took the grand tour. I waited at the waterloo valley road crossing for a while after he went through hackettstown. I didn't think he'd drill M&M's since its rarely done. Last I know of them getting service was in July.