Railroad Forums 

• Help with T1 Article

• Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.
Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.

Moderators: David, scottychaos, CAR_FLOATER, metman499, Franklin Gowen, Marty Feldner

#369607  by vanislescotty

Years ago I had a Railroad magazine from the late 50's or early 60's that had a whole article on Reading T-1 Loco's. I believe it may even have a cover photo. A friend asked for it about 15 years ago. I wouldl like to replace it and I know where I can get Railroad magazines from that period I just don't remember what issue it was in. Can anyone help?

#369784  by Franklin Gowen

This isn't a guarantee, but try http://www.railpub.com for your back-issue request.

#369958  by vanislescotty

Franklin Gowen wrote:This isn't a guarantee, but try http://www.railpub.com for your back-issue request.
thanks Franklin,
I have access to that and while they sell the back issues they haven't indexed this particular magazine for me to look up my request.

#370102  by geep39

The magazine you may be referring to is RAILROADING by William S. Young. The magazine was also given out as a "souvenir" to those who rode Iron Horse Rambles around 1962. Also, the Reading Company Technical & Historical Society did an issue of their "Beeline" on the T-1's on their 50th anniversary. Don't know if it's available.

#371407  by vanislescotty

geep39 wrote:The magazine you may be referring to is RAILROADING by William S. Young. The magazine was also given out as a "souvenir" to those who rode Iron Horse Rambles around 1962. Also, the Reading Company Technical & Historical Society did an issue of their "Beeline" on the T-1's on their 50th anniversary. Don't know if it's available.
Thanks for the suggestion. That sounds interesting and I may try and find that one but the one I'm thinking of is definitely from Railroad magazine. It may have been an article on Rdg T-1's or on Rdg Rambles. The mind is a little fuzzy after 20 years other than I wish I still had the magazine. Thanks again, Scott