• Help with T1 Article

• Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.
Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.

Moderators: David, scottychaos, CAR_FLOATER, metman499, Franklin Gowen, Marty Feldner

by vanislescotty

Years ago I had a Railroad magazine from the late 50's or early 60's that had a whole article on Reading T-1 Loco's. I believe it may even have a cover photo. A friend asked for it about 15 years ago. I wouldl like to replace it and I know where I can get Railroad magazines from that period I just don't remember what issue it was in. Can anyone help?

by Franklin Gowen

This isn't a guarantee, but try http://www.railpub.com for your back-issue request.

by vanislescotty

Franklin Gowen wrote:This isn't a guarantee, but try http://www.railpub.com for your back-issue request.
thanks Franklin,
I have access to that and while they sell the back issues they haven't indexed this particular magazine for me to look up my request.

by geep39

The magazine you may be referring to is RAILROADING by William S. Young. The magazine was also given out as a "souvenir" to those who rode Iron Horse Rambles around 1962. Also, the Reading Company Technical & Historical Society did an issue of their "Beeline" on the T-1's on their 50th anniversary. Don't know if it's available.

by vanislescotty

geep39 wrote:The magazine you may be referring to is RAILROADING by William S. Young. The magazine was also given out as a "souvenir" to those who rode Iron Horse Rambles around 1962. Also, the Reading Company Technical & Historical Society did an issue of their "Beeline" on the T-1's on their 50th anniversary. Don't know if it's available.
Thanks for the suggestion. That sounds interesting and I may try and find that one but the one I'm thinking of is definitely from Railroad magazine. It may have been an article on Rdg T-1's or on Rdg Rambles. The mind is a little fuzzy after 20 years other than I wish I still had the magazine. Thanks again, Scott