Railroad Forums 

• GO Trains To Niagara Falls This Summer!

• General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.
General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.

Moderators: mtuandrew, gprimr1

#838988  by jhdeasy

I used the GO Trainsit route 12 rail & bus service to travel from Toronto to Niagara Fall son Tuesday August 3rd. The GO Transit all rail option was not available that day; neither of the the two Via trains operated at the time of day when I wanted to travel, and Via was more expensive. The GO Transit fare for the trip was a very attractive $16.15, three dollars less expensive than the $19.15 one seat all rail option.

It was my first ride on a GO Transit train. We left Toronto on time 1243 and arrived Burlington on time at 1342. The multi-level coach was clean and reasonably comfortable, although I would not want to ride one for a trip longer than about two hours. No crew member or fare inspector ever came thru to verify I had a ticket. The GO Transit bus, which was waiting at Burlington, was comfortable, but was full; every seat was taken. I wondered what the driver would have done if he had more passengers than seats, maybe tell the prospective passenger to wait for the next bus.