• Garwood Industrial Track Equipment Storage

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by 25Hz

I'll bid, but only if we have confirmation of puffed out floor vinyl and seats with lumpy uneven spring distribution.
  by ACeInTheHole

cnj1524 wrote:scrap prices,cars might be worth around 25,000.00 per car
They should swap one of the singles in the line for 1310, had it in my train the other day, it was dead, and was making things very bumpy as the slack bounced in and out from the other three cars trying to compensate.
  by ApproachMedium

I wouldnt be surprised after this years sold out thanksgiving for Amtrak that you dont see them pick the cars up for scrap value to convert to more west coast and midwest cars to free up more amfleets for the NEC.
  by 25Hz

ApproachMedium wrote:I wouldnt be surprised after this years sold out thanksgiving for Amtrak that you dont see them pick the cars up for scrap value to convert to more west coast and midwest cars to free up more amfleets for the NEC.
Basically a trailer version of what they did with the metroliners, or could they be used as cabs too?
  by ApproachMedium

No cabs. It would basically be what was recently done with the Arrow I cars that they got for California.
  by BigDell

No cabs. It would basically be what was recently done with the Arrow I cars that they got for California
?? Is there a link for that somewhere?
  by ACeInTheHole

BigDell wrote:
No cabs. It would basically be what was recently done with the Arrow I cars that they got for California
?? Is there a link for that somewhere?
Railpictures.. Under the railroads filter tab, select Amtrak California.
  by cnj1524

Its a shame that all this equipment will probably be sold for scrap,njt will keep dead equipment around for years or just try to forget its there,the arrow I's
were neat to see come back to life as unpowered cars(and now a 3rd life in CA)but the arrow II's didn't have a chance(sat for long time before scrap)comet III's
are sitting(to be scrapped)ALP44's(scrap or trade-in)if anything is worth it on them for trade in,all the comet I's(more than half scrapped)F40's(built in the 81)
to be sold off(probably to excursion trains as I doubt they would be good for a freight shortline)there 14 yrs newer than njt's oldest equipment,GP40FH's(the mutts
of the fleet,reminds me of a boston terrier,ugly but grows on ya))ya know a piece from here a piece from there makes a passenger engine,and the Arrow III's
that have been around a long time,they are very outdated,but I see them everyday,I wouldn't count on anyone buying them to be refurbished due to stress conditions
lack of electrified lines,what about the ALP 44's,wow what a short life for them,and then there's the Geep fleet(CNJ's)built late 67,Hell of a locomotive,they just
might be around longer than we think,and the Tax payers P40's for private project that failed(the ACE project)that you had to buy tickets from Amtrak(why???)
and only had 1 stop in NJ(what a joke that was)but anyway Its safe to say take your picks now as the arrow III's will be gone in 2014,and next the comet 4's & IIm's
will be next
  by ns3010

There is zero chance of all of the Arrows all going away in 2014. Over 3/4 of them are currently in the process of getting a minor overhaul, and there are currently no planned replacements for these cars within the next few years.
  by R36 Combine Coach

The big question is which will be gone first: Silverliner IVs or Arrow IIIs? I see both lasting to at least 2020.
  by cnj1524

Bidding for stored/retired equipment happened on 11/22/13 @ 1 penn plaza,newark,so I guess we will all see who gets what
  by ApproachMedium

When i went to garwood home depot a week ago there looked to be far less diesels. The 4141 i think was the furthest west at that time.
  by ACeInTheHole

GP40MC 1116 wrote:Anyone have a listing of the number and type of locmotives that are stored on this track. (Garwood Industrial Track Equipment Storage)
Combine my list and Joes list and youll have everything that was there recently.