Railroad Forums 

• Freight train on montclair-boonton line

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#165257  by Lackawanna484

mountie17 wrote:Hi all, was talking to H-02's engineer today and found out that they will be going to the Orange Branch tomorrow morning (9/8/05) in daylight! Anyone gonna be chasing them?
That would be a nice chase, and the weather is quite promising. What's the speed limit on the line ast of Pine street? Maybe 20 mph?

1) at the Pine Street switch

2) at Jimmy's Benson Street HQ (might need to break a law or two)

3) at Verona Avenue switch

4) at Bloomfield ave (tought to get there from Verona ave)

#165289  by nick11a

mountie17 wrote:Hi all, was talking to H-02's engineer today and found out that they will be going to the Orange Branch tomorrow morning (9/8/05) in daylight! Anyone gonna be chasing them?
Not gonna be able to. But they have done this before as of late. They did it back in late July/early August last I heard. Haven't had a chance to see it personally though. They even went onto the Newark City Subway in daylight which is really ultra rare.

#165322  by mountie17

Tomorrow they are suppost to go all the way to Hartz, but i have no clue where or what kind of neighborhood you need to go through to get any pictures.

#165367  by washingtonsecondary

If they are going out on the Orange Branch today, then they have their work cut out for them. H02 is as of 7 am this morning sitting outlawed in Hackettstown. When I dropped my son off at school it was sitting west of the crossing, dead with 5270 and 5001.

Is 5001 a GP-50 or GP-38? Either way its a high nose unit.

#165373  by nick11a

washingtonsecondary wrote:If they are going out on the Orange Branch today, then they have their work cut out for them. H02 is as of 7 am this morning sitting outlawed in Hackettstown. When I dropped my son off at school it was sitting west of the crossing, dead with 5270 and 5001.

Is 5001 a GP-50 or GP-38? Either way its a high nose unit.
I think it is a GP38.

#165377  by njt4172

Damn, I wish I could catch him blasting through Denville....If anyone hears anything or if he is on the move please post...

Thanks,
Steve

#183425  by gravelyfan

Current rumor is that this week HO2 will go to Rehies (Berkeley Hts) on Wed (11/9) and Hartz (Orange Branch) on Thur (11/10).

#183450  by njt4172

gravelyfan wrote:Current rumor is that this week HO2 will go to Rehies (Berkeley Hts) on Wed (11/9) and Hartz (Orange Branch) on Thur (11/10).
Is it just me or does it seem like rail service has picked up for Rehies...? They use to serve that customer once a month, now it seems like they go down there once a week....

Steve

#183507  by Lackawanna484

gravelyfan wrote:Current rumor is that this week HO2 will go to Rehies (Berkeley Hts) on Wed (11/9) and Hartz (Orange Branch) on Thur (11/10).
any idea on the expected times?

#183536  by nick11a

njt4172 wrote:
Is it just me or does it seem like rail service has picked up for Rehies...? They use to serve that customer once a month, now it seems like they go down there once a week....

Steve
It varies for the H02. There are weeks where nothing happens at all in BH- and then all of a sudden we get a few weeks straight of the H02. I just wish I wasn't in college and be able to go to see it. Oh welll.....

#184241  by mountie17

If they were going to Reheis, i thought they need spacer cars for the tanks, due to the chemicals in them.

#184291  by njt4172

mountie17 wrote:If they were going to Reheis, i thought they need spacer cars for the tanks, due to the chemicals in them.
Yeah, that is odd! Looks like a Reheis tanker.....Maybe it was an empty HCL car?? Hmm... I thought they got loads, but I guess they get both now....

Steve

#184398  by nick11a

njt4172 wrote:
mountie17 wrote:If they were going to Reheis, i thought they need spacer cars for the tanks, due to the chemicals in them.
Yeah, that is odd! Looks like a Reheis tanker.....Maybe it was an empty HCL car?? Hmm... I thought they got loads, but I guess they get both now....

Steve
Interesting.... doesn't look like they were going to Reheis then. They would have the spacer car(s) and the caboose.

Nice looking engine though.