Railroad Forums 

• Freight customers in Medford

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #979143  by tahawus84

There was a tank car spotted at the end of the spur today along with a box car. Is someone taking tank deliveries here or was it in route out east or bad order?
 #979205  by Teutobergerwald

Interesting...I remember tankcars, singly or in pairs, there every so often back in the LIRR freight days, late '80's & very early '90's....no idea what they were carrying or who they were for, then, or in this case, now...
 #979230  by freightguy

I think those were George Rice fuel which was further down Peconic Ave., the street on southside parallel to LIRR. Some sort of diesel byproduct or somthing like that.
 #1122066  by Teutobergerwald

This is more of a Holtsville question. What is the customer served by a spur just east of Waverly Avenue ? Noticed it on Google Earth while looking up an address I have to go to. Thanks.