• Freight customers in Medford

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.

by SeldenJrFireman

Today, Medford siding was getting torn up , all the way from the fright platform to the switch. When did they decide to do this?

by LIRRNOVA55

i would prosume to think there redoing it all. . as that track is in BAD shape. . maybe gonna regrade it and lay some snap track and new ballast.
One would hope.

by Legio X

The spur must be getting regraded and re-laid. It's one of NYA's money-makers. If I'm not mistaken, it may be switched five days a week. Until the spur is re-laid, where will the cars for the customers served at Medford get spotted?

by jayrmli

It will be even more interesting to see how often this customer (and others on the Main Line) will be switched when all jobs starting out of Pineaire are eliminated at the end of the month.

If anyone out there has any ideas on how to do it, I understand the Trainmaster is open to suggestions. :P

Jay

by tushykushy

Wait a second.... they want to get rid of the RS-60?

Why do they want to eliminate all starts out of Pineaire???

by Legio X

Where are they going to base this run, at Hicksville?

by LRail

So when do they expect the track to be serviceable again? And where will all the Pineaire jobs originate now?

by jayrmli

Only The Cowboy knows. Again, they're open to suggestions. :P

Jay

by badneighbor

it is fixed, it looks like it was lengthened a few yards.

by Bdawson266

I have an idea...Clog the yard in the morning with another crew, than run it out 65+ miles to do customers along the way, try to turn around and get a k card to only come back past MR....I wonder if Brookhaven will be accomodating to lay up a train inside thier siding for a couple hours while waiting for a recrew. Maybe not they might still be mad. Great idea though! Sense my sarcasim. I tell you, I feel bad for the customers.

by mainline

Bdawson the crew is not allowed in Brookhaven anymore. Stuck at AH again.

by Legio X

Why can't NYA use the Brookhaven Spur?

by mainline

Cars were being left out on the siding by Brookhaven. I don't remember the reasoning. Payloader blocking entrance from spur into facility. On the day I observed the move the 60 did enter the facility 6 months ago.

by Legio X

Has the Medford spur been re-laid and upgraded? Has the loading dock been enlarged?

by LIRRNOVA55

dock is there, its stil a mess but the track was relaid