• Following the Last Smurf (MEC 511)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by BM6569

Was spotted on POSJ yesterday so it's finally back in D1
  by BM6569

The 328 and 511 were working as PO-5 today. Caught them returning to Rigby this afternoon.
  by neman2

511 has been sitting at Graniteville CPF-309 on the head end of a westbound train (yesterday's POED) parked all day (9AM thru at least 5PM) today 8/31/13.
  by drcrf93

511 was fourth unit on a five unit RUPO, seen arriving at Rigby Yard yesterday afternoon.
  by downeaster

spotted 511 yesterday at NMJ, last of four units, looked to be SJWA
  by downeaster

511 lead unit of three on WASJ out of NMJ mid-morning this date. SJWA departed west soon after from NMJ. Caught 511 again at Old Town as WASJ made her way east.
  by downeaster

Over the scanner this morning, D1 calling WABK 511 wanting to know if they could help WASJ as it was having power problems. WABK dropped 511 at Pittsfield for WASJ which now became WASJ 511 and all headed for NMJ. WABK was to get added power at NMJ but had to leave before I found out what was exchanged or added. Hopefully 511 will stay in the area for a while.
  by MEC407

I saw the smurf at Rigby yesterday afternoon. It was at the head end of a several-unit consist. A few of the engine room doors were open and I saw some employees looking at it. Hopefully just something minor.
  by bubbytrains

The Smurf was the second unit on PORU this morning, spotted at Holland St. in Lewiston at 6:00 am.
  by MEC407

Great shot by Dan Nelson (from a couple of years ago):

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=470306" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I still wish this paint scheme had been applied to a larger number of locomotives, especially if some minor improvements could've been made to it. The big wind-swept Pan Am billboard letters look fantastic from a distance.
  by NashuaActon&Boston

MEC 511 was plying the Westford (@Graniteville - CPF-309) siding on 02/20 helping to re-rail derailed cars.
  by Mikejf

MEC 511 was in Rumford, Me. on March 3rd, center unit of a 3 unit consist.
  by MEC343

511 was spotted at Rigby on the morning of 3/27/2014.
  by MEC407

511 was having some issues on EDMO yesterday. Video by Gary Senecal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6wmht4Ym08" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;