Railroad Forums 

• Following the Last Smurf (MEC 511)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1264030  by whatelyrailfan

The Smurf is here in Holyoke! At 10am this morning I heard what I thought was the northbound PLED, but turned out to be a southbound ED-2 with MEC 511 running SHF in the lead. He had 10 empty hoppers for Sullivan Scrap and a tank car which could be for Hercules Chemical in Chicopee. He should be here in Holyoke for most of the day, probably heading back north around 4-6pm.
Peace,
Jonathan
 #1276547  by MEC407

Photo by Hayden McSwiggin:

http://photos.greatrails.net/s/?p=216588" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1278882  by MEC407

I caught the Smurf idling at Rigby Yard this afternoon around 14:15.
 #1285673  by KSmitty

downeaster wrote:Caught 511 w/307 in the lead, idle on track 3 west at NMJ yesterday at the head of short west facing train.
Was the Buck yesterday. It survived another trip down the bunny trail...
 #1286996  by necr3849

Smurf 511N/E+307S/W with BKNM were given permission from MPB 9 up to Brewer on the Bucksport Branch late this morning . Saw them at Arctic Station in Orrington. There was a track foreman working at Calais Junction in Bangor, but D1 was going to give BKNM permission to continue to Northern Maine Junction after its run-around at CJ.
 #1292911  by MEC407

I saw 511 at Rigby Yard today, part of an 8-unit all-GP lashup.
 #1293980  by MEC407

Photo by Dan Comick:

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=498584" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1300255  by BostonUrbEx

I take it that the 511 was intentionally left as not repainted? Since it's been the last for over 3 years or so, now, right?

Is the current dark blue with white stenciling the Phase II, seeing as smurf was "Phase I"?

Are there any models with the smurf Phase I scheme? I've never seen one. Would love to have a nice HO scale smurf!