Railroad Forums 

• Fall 2014 Schedule Changes

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1298064  by srock1028

CentralValleyRail wrote:Is November 2nd the day to coincide with DST?

Wonder if there will be any more cuts.....
1. No the change will not happen November 2nd
2. When you say cuts...the Newark Division is at 100% of service pre hurricane Sandy and Hoboken Division is very close. I dont think there will be any more cuts...cuts are usually made for bugatory reasons or becasue of Amtrak's High Speed Rail Project on the NEC, not just for the he** of it.
 #1298182  by 25Hz

NJT is bursting at the seams in ridership. If they wanna shoot themselves in foot, they will make irrational cuts. As srock said, they only do it for logical reasons. The ongoing NEC project is not likely to be super impactful till they start taking out the old wires & transferring the hanging loads to the new cat structures.
 #1299431  by CentralValleyRail

philipmartin wrote:Transit schedules go in effect Nov. 9. If I remember correctly, they'll be on the Transit website the end of this week.
Thanks Philip. Always look for something new and 9/10 times I'm disappointed LOL.

Although in March the additional BCL PM inbound @5:00pm out of Glen Rock has really been a hit with me.
 #1299500  by philipmartin

CentralValleyRail wrote: Thanks Philip. Always look for something new and 9/10 times I'm disappointed LOL.
The lack of changes makes my job simpler. No complaints here.
 #1299877  by CentralValleyRail

philipmartin wrote:
CentralValleyRail wrote: Thanks Philip. Always look for something new and 9/10 times I'm disappointed LOL.
The lack of changes makes my job simpler. No complaints here.
Looks like well have to wait until at least Monday to find out. Nothing posted yet...
 #1300370  by zerovanity59

All but Morris and Essex are up. Even North Jersey Coast is updated. I wasn't sure it would be as the one posted in September included December holiday trains. They are effective 11/9.
 #1301020  by zerovanity59

The Atlantic City Rail Line did not change a single time on the schedule. The North Jersey Coast Line changed times in the very first train on the schedule.
 #1301030  by philipmartin

zerovanity59 wrote:The schedules reduce the time for the ferry to travel between Hoboken and WFC from 10 to 8 minutes. Is there a reason for this?
It can''t be because of heavier traffic on the river. It's a ghost of what it used to be.
 #1301099  by 25Hz

zerovanity59 wrote:The schedules reduce the time for the ferry to travel between Hoboken and WFC from 10 to 8 minutes. Is there a reason for this?
Usually the boats just go around other traffic, which adds time. When PATH was putting those big blankets over the downtown tunnels, the trip time from WFC to exchange place was increased by 2-4 minutes depending on other traffic. Perhaps there was regular traffic in the way that has been reschedule or ceased entirely?
 #1301150  by zerovanity59

25Hz wrote:
Usually the boats just go around other traffic, which adds time. When PATH was putting those big blankets over the downtown tunnels, the trip time from WFC to exchange place was increased by 2-4 minutes depending on other traffic. Perhaps there was regular traffic in the way that has been reschedule or ceased entirely?
NY Waterway says that the trip is about 8 minutes.
 #1301164  by zerovanity59

Main-Bergen County Line changes:

Train 1102 arrives in Secaucus 1 minute earlier and Hoboken 2 minutes earlier.
1146 adds stops at Waldwick and Ho-Ho-Kus arriving 3 minutes later to ever stop after the added ones except only 2 minutes later at Hoboken.
1108 starts 2 minutes earlier, but arrives at Hoboken at the same time.
1119 has 1 to 3 minutes added at various stops, but only 1 minute at its terminal.
1163 has the L added at Ridgewood.
Also some changes to the holiday only trains.