Railroad Forums 

• EDBF / BFED Schedules

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1298751  by park

Curious on the latest schedules for EDBF / BFED. For three of the past four weeks noticed on Saturday mornings 4 units in the GMRC North Walpole, NH yard. Not sure why there were 4 vs the normal 2. This weekend, no power here. Thanks

park
 #1298766  by cpf354

Those trains, like all freights on Pan Am, don't have schedules, per se, as passenger trains usually do. I guess the more easily answerable question would be when and where the crew goes on duty and on what days. But, the trains themselves do not operate on a schedule, they are "extra" trains, as defined in the rule book.
 #1298769  by park

Thanks for the comments. I guess I should have rephased the question as few railroads schedule freights. Does anyone know the normal pattern of operation and why Panam would send four units north? Thanks

park
 #1299596  by CN9634

You can expect the size and frequency of these trains to increase substantially in the coming year
 #1299689  by NHV 669

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming this job is somehow responsible for the GMRC cars ending up on the SLR? Seems like a rather long way to do things.
 #1361328  by BostonUrbEx

Are there any customers north of Northfield? Or north of East Deerfield, for that matter? Or does EDBF/BFED simply run cars to/from interchange with the VTR?
 #1361334  by newpylong

The active interchange with the VRS is North Bennington/Hoosick Junction not BF.

There are two customers that get cars at the ex Agway in Bernardston and Claremont Steel and Claremont Gas in NH. There might be more that others can fill in on. The majority of the EDBF traffic is NECR interchange and Claremont propane.
 #1361361  by BostonUrbEx

What about the VTR line between White River Jct and Newport? Are they solely interchanged by NECR and CMQ?

Also, where does the NECR interchange take place? At BF?
 #1361372  by newpylong

Occasionally they'll run to the WACR, they went last week. Used to be much bigger before the Hoosick Junction gateway opened. They are also hauling cars for the VRS between BF and WRJ just not as often as was originally planned.

Brattleboro for the NECR.