• EDBF / BFED Schedules

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by csx2039

RJDC85 wrote:Sounds like alot more interchange will be occuring between CMQ/VRS/Pan Am.
Nope... I had replied to CN's post a year ago on a different forum on this very matter, things have not changed one bit, there is still no traffic moving PAS-VRS-CMQ . Does not look to change in future either....
  by csx2039

newpylong wrote:Occasionally they'll run to the WACR, they went last week. Used to be much bigger before the Hoosick Junction gateway opened. They are also hauling cars for the VRS between BF and WRJ just not as often as was originally planned.

Brattleboro for the NECR.
I can tell you pas is only handling cars for storage on wacr for pas customers. Nothing for cmq. Once storage cars are gone then pas will rarely make any trips to wrj... they are not handling any haulage for vrs.
  by newpylong

That's right - Plains has gas cars stored waiting on a cold snap that are being released every so often.

None of our cars really ever came from or went to the Pompy since we stopped interchanging with CP up there.
  by NHV 669

newpylong wrote:Occasionally they'll run to the WACR, they went last week. Used to be much bigger before the Hoosick Junction gateway opened. They are also hauling cars for the VRS between BF and WRJ just not as often as was originally planned.

I used to see those trains (crewless) ready to head south on weekends when I was younger (1999-2001ish) and could never understand why they had 2, usually three units powering trains that never exceeded a dozen cars.

As for the stored tanks, they're all visible from VT 5, from the old wye in Wells River headed north.
  by newpylong

One of the big reasons they were overpowered because the NECR was/is brutal to its tenant railroads. So they did not want to give them any reasons to sting them anymore ie break downs.
  by CN9634

csx2039 wrote:
RJDC85 wrote:Sounds like alot more interchange will be occuring between CMQ/VRS/Pan Am.
Nope... I had replied to CN's post a year ago on a different forum on this very matter, things have not changed one bit, there is still no traffic moving PAS-VRS-CMQ . Does not look to change in future either....
*Warning, this is relevant to EDBF/BFED but heavy about CMQ*

A lot is actually moving CMQ-CP-NS... I wonder if the threat to run CMQ-VRS-NS has caused CP to revisit rate structure. Remember, the competitive landscape is dynamic just like in any industry. Also keep in mind, CMQ has 350 boxcars right now they are using to shuffle Irving traffic from Madawaska (Twin Rivers), Saint John, Woodland and other up nawth customers (Huber, ect). I have yet to see (not saying it doesn't happen) any of these cars on either ST/PAS or CSX... they have all either been
NBSR-CMQ-CP
NBSR-CMQ-CP-NS
NBSR-CMQ-VRS-NECR-MCER (Mass Central has a warehouse where cars has been going on occasion)

Also interestingly enough, some cars have moved over CN either off NBSR or via SLQ

The stuff going to WRJ CMQ/VRS has been mostly lumber, a few boxes and some aggregates and chemicals.

In any regard, the smaller WANM/NMWA and POWA/WAPO (Basically the abolishment of SJPO/POSJ) has shown the dramatic shift from PAR/CSX to CMQ/CP/NS.... The Conn River gateway, as I had previously reported, didn't materialize yet if at all due to a strong CP-NS routing. The VRS-PAS connection may be suffering from this, but I have seen a lot of EDBF/BFED moves lately too.
  by johnpbarlow

Interesting observations re: CMQ-CP-NS traffic routings. I'm guessing this shows up as Saratoga interchange perhaps on trains 930/931 (aka 30T/31T)?

Perhaps the strength of this NS-CP interchange underlies EHH's determination to re-acquire D&H South! :wink: