Railroad Forums 

• DO-1

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1103386  by MECFAN

DO-1 left Rockingham at 10:10 this morning for Portsmouth with about 20 cars. Looked like 2 boxes and a centerbeam for Boise and a tankcar, the rest were all GMRC and some old Railbox boxcars. They stopped and spotted 2 fishcars that were sitting on the spur at Highliner and took 2 empties out. Stopped at the yard around 18:00 tonight and the 16 boxcars are parked on the main in the yard, I'm guessing they are going to store them in the yard. Also there have been 6 yellow centerbeam cars parked on the track closest to the mill pond for a month or two now, anybody know the scoop on this. I saw one of the centerbeams come in empty on a train a couple of weeks ago so it wasn't bound for Boise and then parked after unloading.
 #1113946  by MECFAN

DO-1 514 just leaving Portsmouth yard at 14:45 for Newington with 2 fish cars, 1 box and 1 centerbeam for Boise and a covered hopper for Tyco. There were 4 fish cars at Rockingham this morning, not sure if they were loads or empties. I'm assuming they pulled the 2 that were in the train out of highliner on the way in.
 #1115406  by MECFAN

DO-1 381 working Highliner 13;00 hours, pulled 2 fishcars out and put 2 in, 1 boxcar for Boise.
 #1115825  by Bulkheadflat

Thanks for the nice updates ! Good to hear the reefer traffic is steady, didn't know that Tyco even still got cars. The past few times we've been by there it's been empty, you're talking Hampton right ? I remember back in the 90's their siding was always full and there were always many hoppers stored in Portsmouth yard waiting their turn ! Also remember the lumber yard on the other side of the overpass from Tyco, they always got all kinds of interesting southwestern & west coast boxes back then.
 #1115859  by MECFAN

Hi Bulkhead,

Tyco is up in Newington, used to be Simplex cable. I think you are thinking of Foss down on the Hampton branch. I think the last train down there was around 2007, somebody here may know the last time better than I.
 #1118110  by MECFAN

DO-1 509 was running around its train just before noon today, 1 tankcar and 1 centerbeam on today's train. They arrived at Highliner just before 1:00 p.m. and shoved four fishcars that were already sitting on there siding up to the building placing 2 inside and left the other 2 just outside the door. Got back on their train and headed into Portsmouth.
 #1121369  by MECFAN

DO-1 3003 arrived with 1 fishcar for Highliner at 14:00 hours and had 1 centerbeam and 3 box for Boise. There was 1 loaded fishcar outside the building and 1 empty in the building, so they spotted the 2 loads in the building and took the 1 empty with them.
 #1121453  by roberttosh

Surprised that Sea-3 isn't getting any cars these days?
 #1121524  by MECFAN

Haven't seen any gas cars for awhile but they did drop a tankcar at sprauge last week.
 #1128052  by MECFAN

DO-1 at Rockingham at 17:00 hours not sure if they are coming to Portsmouth tonight.

Edit
DO-1 516 canned at Rockingham last night still there as of 13:00 hours today 1/3/13. One fishcar on the Highliner spur from last week and 3 loaded centerbeams and a box sitting in Portsmouth yard for Boise from last week also.
 #1130103  by MECFAN

DO-1 516 has been sitting shut down at Rockingham since last Wednesday. My buddy saw an engine maintainer there tonight around 16:30 hours. He said she was up and running, didn't see a crew around so I guess they'll be into Portsmouth sometime soon. I'll be listening for the horn!!!
 #1131119  by MECFAN

DO-1 516 / 510 into Portsmouth today with 3 box and 2 centerbeam for Boise. They stopped at Highliner around 11:30 and spotted the loaded fishcar sitting on the spur and pulled 2 empties. Then to the yard they went. A maintainer showed up and they re-watered the 516. Then left the 7 cars they came in with and picked up the 4 loaded Boise cars that have been sitting in the yard and off to Boise they went. Didn't have time to see the rest of there trip. Guessing they will be back later in the week to deliver the rest of the Boise cars.
 #1131702  by roberttosh

Does DO-1 still bring the NHN gas cars down from Rigby? They must also switch the new gas terminal at Biddeford I'm assuming.
 #1131983  by MECFAN

Yes I believe they do bring the gas cars down to Dover and the new place in Biddeford.
 #1135823  by MECFAN

DO-1 307 canned at Rockingham last night and came into Portsmouth today with 1 fishcar Highliner, 1 covered hopper for Tyco, 5 centerbeams and 1 box for Boise. They were at Highliner around 11:00 and pulled out 1 empty and spotted the loaded fishcar. Caught them later in the afternoon switching Boise taking out 3 empties and spotting three loads, still 9 loads for Boise in the yard.