Railroad Forums 

• Current NYA status

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #529954  by LRail

From what I have heard-through people and the current NYA newsletter, things are a bit slow? The website was saying something along the lines of "restructuring to meet demands". Does this mean a significant drop in carloads or even daily trains? Has there been elimination of crews due to low car shipments? Anyone care to discuss/share news...
-Lee

#529995  by rb

36 cars on the afternoon CSX run to OP.

#530488  by Spartan Phalanx

There was pretty long train at Pine-Aire Monday night, on both sides of the Sagtikos Pkwy. overpass.....

#531047  by LRail

When the RS51 and RS80 operated, what were their areas? I read they were cut.
-Lee

#531159  by Spartan Phalanx

105 was in the Maspeth Yard yesterday afternoon, along with a lot of mixed rolling stock. Boxcars were being unloaded when I passed by.

#531295  by RPM2Night

RS80 isn't running anymore?

#531442  by nyandw

Recent reply I received in brackets:

RS80: is a night time job. They handle Coastal in Farmingdale, Combined Container and Amerigas in Wyandanch. [This job covers the Central branch during the week at night also.]

Steve
 #655303  by LRail

Can anyone give us an update of each daily freight assignment and its area covered? Which ones have been cut due to the economy also? -Lee
 #655440  by SOO4601

RS30 was cut.

RS40 is still there, back and forth from Fresh Pond to Pineaire.

RS50 is back and runs nights.

RS60, east end job out of Pineaire, still there as far as I know.

RS80 still there, switches Coastal at night, although slowed down because of winter.

RS100 still run as needed, I believe that's still there too.

All of the west end jobs are probably still run too.
 #655598  by LRail

What were RS 30's responsibilities? And what are the current west end jobs? -Lee
 #655709  by SOO4601

The RS30 was referred to as the 'jack of all trades', and was run wherever needed. RS30 was typically the job that ran out to Nassau-Suffolk and Kleet Lumber in Huntington, and then would run around the train at Duke. Although I have seen times where the RS30 was the job pulling the Stone Train, so it can vary.

As far as the current west end jobs, I'm not positive if they're the same now, but they used to be the RS301 and RS302 that would run on the Bushwick and Bay Ridge.
 #655738  by RPM2Night

The current jobs that were listed, where do they report and what time do they report?
 #655798  by SOO4601

Chances are I'm wrong on something here, so feel free to correct me:

RS30 - When running, Fresh Pond
RS40 - Fresh Pond
RS50 - Fresh Pond
RS60 - Pinaire
RS80 - Fresh Pond
RS100 - Fresh Pond or Pineaire
RS301/2 - Fresh Pond

As far as times go, they were all around 7 am years ago, but now since they mainly run at night it's different.
 #655800  by SOO4601

Chances are I'm wrong on something here, so feel free to correct me:

RS30 - When running, Fresh Pond
RS40 - Fresh Pond
RS50 - Fresh Pond
RS60 - Pinaire
RS80 - Fresh Pond
RS100 - Fresh Pond or Pineaire
RS301/2 - Fresh Pond

As far as times go, they were all around 7 am years ago, but now since they mainly run at night it's different.
 #668162  by nyar271

Both the RS50 and RS80 run every wednesday and thursday night. The RS80 Also covers the central branch customers. I try and catch them thursday nights when I'm free. The 80 will show up in Mineola around 10pm. And get to Farmingdale where I will be waiting at either the station or coastal. The 51 will show up before the RS80 in farmingdale heading back to FP Yard. Then pick up another cut and return around 2-3 hours later. It always has a Red at Farm Interlocking 2 which is right next to the old republic building. There it will me the 81 which has completed it's nights work and both wait for the local west and eastbound trains. I have gone to see these two trains every week for the past 2 months. Most of the time they show up around the time frame I gave you above.