Railroad Forums 

• Current NYA status

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #668426  by freightguy

Unless things have changed, the RS 50 always started out of Pineaire usually at 630 7 pm. I wonder what this job is like as Pilgrim Double Ended Freight no longer has a switch on west end due to January(09) derailment
 #668445  by nyar271

I was at the derailment site today. Those 4 cars are still sitting there. I decided to take a ride with a buddy on the bikes to see if anything is going on over there. It was quiet with no movement what so ever. Did see a trackmobile moving cars at astro ready mix though.
 #668752  by badneighbor

ok so... who and when the rock train to Holtsville? and what run replaced the 30 to the east end Montauk branch, and what days will it run?
 #668795  by nyar271

badneighbor wrote:ok so... who and when the rock train to Holtsville? and what run replaced the 30 to the east end Montauk branch, and what days will it run?
I have no idea. Wish I did. NYAR has become hard to predict for me over the past few months. I had the RS40 down to a science till things turned to hell with the economy.
 #669342  by tushykushy

The RS-50 was brought back a few months ago with the abolishment of the RS-30 (slumping economy and lower car count was the fate to the 30.) When the RS-60 is done, the crew will arrange it so that the only thing needed to be done is reverse out of the east switch (for the RS-50.)

The RS-80 is a Mon-Fri job always doing Coastal, and whether Island Container or Marjam is up in the rotation will they do them as well. They also service Amco Plastics, Intercounty Bakers, and "Wally World" recycling on the Central, although it seems with the exception of the recycling guy, it's even whether the daytime or night time job does it.

No more bulk stone moves going out to Prima, although more frequent smaller cuts of stone are going out. At least that was the trend you had last year. You not only have Prima, but Astroready Mix in Deer Park and Arriva Concrete just east of Yaphank.
 #669356  by nyar271

tushykushy wrote:The RS-50 was brought back a few months ago with the abolishment of the RS-30 (slumping economy and lower car count was the fate to the 30.) When the RS-60 is done, the crew will arrange it so that the only thing needed to be done is reverse out of the east switch (for the RS-50.)

The RS-80 is a Mon-Fri job always doing Coastal, and whether Island Container or Marjam is up in the rotation will they do them as well. They also service Amco Plastics, Intercounty Bakers, and "Wally World" recycling on the Central, although it seems with the exception of the recycling guy, it's even whether the daytime or night time job does it.

No more bulk stone moves going out to Prima, although more frequent smaller cuts of stone are going out. At least that was the trend you had last year. You not only have Prima, but Astroready Mix in Deer Park and Arriva Concrete just east of Yaphank.
Thanks for clearing up the confusion on whats going on with them.
 #766936  by LRail

So as of Feb. how many daily freights are there currently in operation?