Railroad Forums 

• CSX trentonline 2nd track-manville-sunnymeade

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1028218  by JoeRailRoad

northjerseybuff wrote:What happened with plans for CSX to build the 2nd track on the trentonline from Manville to Sunnemeade rd? I thought it was a go last year
Just saw a CSX train on the West Trenton Line with Herzog ballast cars moving South/West.

It looks like it was dumping ballast from Port Reading Jct. to Sunnymeade Rd.

Does anyone know if this was regular maintenance or the start of the second track project?

Joe
 #1028298  by IRN750

From what we have been told on NS the 2nd track on CSX and the upgrade of the Royce runner on NS with an interlocking on the westend must be done this year or both railroads will lose funding for the projects. Time will tell if it happens.
 #1028369  by glennk419

JoeRailRoad wrote:
northjerseybuff wrote:What happened with plans for CSX to build the 2nd track on the trentonline from Manville to Sunnemeade rd? I thought it was a go last year
Just saw a CSX train on the West Trenton Line with Herzog ballast cars moving South/West.

Does anyone know if this was regular maintenance or the start of the second track project?

Joe
Looks like regular maintenance. I noticed fresh ballast this morning along the runner between Neshaminy Falls and CP Berry.
 #1028377  by nomis

you mean the siding ... and new ballast was down near Cheltenham as well. Not to mention a new row access point made at Tyson Ave around the corner from the septa station.
 #1028393  by glennk419

nomis wrote:you mean the siding ... and new ballast was down near Cheltenham as well. Not to mention a new row access point made at Tyson Ave around the corner from the septa station.
No, I believe the easternmost track is the runner. There was no fresh lay along the siding.
 #1028898  by JoeRailRoad

glennk419 wrote:
JoeRailRoad wrote:

Joe
Looks like regular maintenance. I noticed fresh ballast this morning along the runner between Neshaminy Falls and CP Berry.
I was on Bridge St. bridge yesterday in Manville and saw that the ballast was dumped on both sides of the rail on the single main but not in the middle.

Joe
 #1031111  by JoeRailRoad

JoeRailRoad wrote:
glennk419 wrote:
JoeRailRoad wrote:

Joe
I was on Bridge St. bridge yesterday in Manville and saw that the ballast was dumped on both sides of the rail on the single main but not in the middle.

Joe
There were two cranes at the bridge just South/West of Kyle.

They were lifting the steel on the west side and it looks like they did some work to the abutments and lowered the steel again.

Joe
 #1031429  by PVRX1

They have been working on the bridge for a few weeks now (between Kyle and South Main Street.

NS has the Royce Runner upgrade and new interlocking on the west end, in their 2012 game plan.
 #1048873  by DJE

Bids for the Manville double track project were due today. CSX expects to begin earthwork in late June, track construction in August, and have the project complete in October.
 #1048940  by anti-hammie

Allegedly the making of "CP Royce" was supposed to start this summer. That was the last I heard of it.
 #1049460  by pumpers

DJE wrote:Bids for the Manville double track project were due today. CSX expects to begin earthwork in late June, track construction in August, and have the project complete in October.
Sounds like more than the usual rumor! When they move, they move fast. Only 3-4 weeks til the fun begins..
JS
 #1049487  by ccutler

I rode my bike through Manville today, and took a look from the overpass over the yard. Off in the distance it looks like a new, second track was partially laid at Manville junction. Some work was also being done on the CSX overpass over the county road. Sorry I don't know the street names.

It also looked like a few ties were getting replaced in the yard tracks as well.
 #1049492  by wolfboy8171981

When Conrail realigned CP-Port Reading Jct in 2009 they added a 2nd CSX track in the Interlocking. All CSX has to do is build their track south from the Interlocking. No new work will need to be done at Port Reading Jct, except siginal tests.