Railroad Forums 

• CSX trentonline 2nd track-manville-sunnymeade

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1161863  by Jtgshu

There are a lot of interesting projects in that document, and yes, its good that they are on someones radar, now its a matter of getting them to understand that they are kind of important and to release the purse strings to get some of them done!!!!
 #1161949  by bbobes327

Some VERY interesting projects on that document.

at least they are taking a look at it, double tracking the Trenton line to Sunnymeade is a step in the right direction.

Still wondering why they want to go to straight to Bridgewater instead of Bound Brook.....
 #1162618  by JoeRailRoad

JoeRailRoad wrote:
JoeRailRoad wrote:
bbobes327 wrote:Cool, thanks! Drove on Bridge Street yesterday and saw the track was installed as far as the eye could see. It did look like there were some MOW equipment on the new main South of Kyle. How exactly is the new main connected to Port Reading JCT? In other words, what is the track layout of the junction now?

I haven't seen it since there was the single track bottleneck but ive heard they changed it a few years ago.
Newsletter of Railroad Construction Company, Inc.
http://www.railroadconstruction.com/fil ... l_14_2.pdf
Page 5

Also: http://www.railroadconstruction.com/fil ... lle_NJ.pdf

For info and pictures.

Joe
The main track was severed North of Sunnymeade Rd. and swung over to connect to the new single main.
The new track is now connected to the original main track at Sunnymeade.

The switches were being thrown at Port Reading Jct. and signals were being observed by maintainers.

The crossover switch from the new single main at Kyle is still not connected but I presume it should be soon.

Joe
I have to modify what I posted about Sunnymeade.

Looking at a photo I took I can see in the distance a switch, across from the signal, connecting the new single main to the siding/running (old single main) track.

Joe
 #1175523  by RailsEast

From the Yahoo TrentonLine group......
"First train on the new main track between CP Mead and the junction was CSX train 032 today just before 2PM. Train was given permission by the red by NI and had a speed restriction of 10MPH on the new track.
CP Mead is approximately 2.5 miles west of the junction. It is easily visible from the Sunnymeade grade crossing in Hillsborough."
 #1175531  by Ken W2KB

bbobes327 wrote:Some VERY interesting projects on that document.

at least they are taking a look at it, double tracking the Trenton line to Sunnymeade is a step in the right direction.

Still wondering why they want to go to straight to Bridgewater instead of Bound Brook.....
Via Bridgewater is the former Reading route. Highly likely NJT wants to use the large parking lot capacity at Bridgewater to attract park and ride customers. Bound Brook parking is essentially at capacity and likely would be a slower route.
 #1176060  by JoeRailRoad

RailsEast wrote:From the Yahoo TrentonLine group......
"First train on the new main track between CP Mead and the junction was CSX train 032 today just before 2PM. Train was given permission by the red by NI and had a speed restriction of 10MPH on the new track.
CP Mead is approximately 2.5 miles west of the junction. It is easily visible from the Sunnymeade grade crossing in Hillsborough."
The old single main is severed South of Kyle and the rails have been removed there and on the Royce Creek bridge.

The switch on the new single main is now connected to the old so trains can access Manville yard.

Also I noticed that besides yellow clearance points painted on the rails and ties there are orange Day-Glo paint on the switch points.

Joe
 #1209979  by JoeRailRoad

JoeRailRoad wrote:
RailsEast wrote:From the Yahoo TrentonLine group......
The old single main is severed South of Kyle and the rails have been removed there and on the Royce Creek bridge.

The switch on the new single main is now connected to the old so trains can access Manville yard.

Also I noticed that besides yellow clearance points painted on the rails and ties there are orange Day-Glo paint on the switch points.

Joe
Re-construction on the Royce Creek Bridge is complete.

Track work on the new siding (old single main) is finished.

The crossover at Kyle has been removed.

I don’t know if the new siding has been used yet.

I haven't been to Sunnymead Rd. so I don’t know what CP Mead looks like.

Joe
 #1210215  by JoeRailRoad

wolfboy8171981 wrote:I used it a few times Wednesday morning to make some meets.
Wolfboy,

Do I have the correct designation for the tracks?

The West track is the Single Main.

The East track is the siding (Controlled Siding?)?

Joe
 #1210299  by wolfboy8171981

JoeRailRoad wrote:
wolfboy8171981 wrote:I used it a few times Wednesday morning to make some meets.
Wolfboy,

Do I have the correct designation for the tracks?

The West track is the Single Main.

The East track is the siding (Controlled Siding?)?

Joe
Yes.
At CP-Meade, earlier in the project, they swung the Single Track to the West to connect straight into the Single Main. You make a Diverging move heading North from the Single track to the Controlled Siding.
 #1225577  by RailsEast

Work continues slowly; this photo (not mine) shows signals about to be erected. I would guess it will be a few months before remote control begins.....

http://pattenburg.rrpicturearchives.net ... id=3671225" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chris