• CSX signal replacement across New York State

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by nick_anshant

judgesmails wrote:Hi - I believe that March 2nd had previously been mentioned as a target date for the next cut-over for signals between Macedon and Rochester. I was hoping to see some of the old signals being removed, and thought I'd verify the date. Does March 2nd still sound like an accurate date? Thanks for any information!
Yes, Sunday March 2nd is a good date. The signals suspension should being around 0800 hours with bridge removal probably beginning immediately.

Nick
  by judgesmails

[quote="nick_anshantYes, Sunday March 2nd is a good date. The signals suspension should being around 0800 hours with bridge removal probably beginning immediately.

Nick[/quote]

Thank you Nick! Your information is greatly appreciated.
  by sd80mac

nick_anshant wrote:
judgesmails wrote:Hi - I believe that March 2nd had previously been mentioned as a target date for the next cut-over for signals between Macedon and Rochester. I was hoping to see some of the old signals being removed, and thought I'd verify the date. Does March 2nd still sound like an accurate date? Thanks for any information!
Yes, Sunday March 2nd is a good date. The signals suspension should being around 0800 hours with bridge removal probably beginning immediately.

Nick

Which bridges will be remove?

tks
  by scottychaos

sd80mac wrote:
nick_anshant wrote:

Nick

Which bridges will be remove?

tks
All of them..

Scot
  by ScotCP356

I believe the signal bridges that are going down on the east side of Rochester are the MP351, MP354, CP359, MP360, MP362 and MP365. MP356 has no signal bridges since the days of, I believe, PC or early days in CR era. The signals that are there now are to believe to be from Conrail days, maybe in the 80's?? With that in mind, the new ones are going to be (and correct me if I am wrong) MP351 or 2, MP355, MP356, CP359, MP362, MP365. Now when the signals on west side of Rochester will be going down?

-Scottie
  by MP366

Auto 352, 354, 356, 360 CP 359, CP362
ScotCP356 wrote:Does anybody knows when this year the old signals in Macedon will come down and the new signals will be online?
We will be cutting over up to and including CP 362 starting Sunday March 2.
  by MC6853

Some video screenshots from the auto 354 in Macedon, NY at Quaker Road crossing, taken on Monday, Feb 24... First is K408 with SOO 6024, BNSF 5069, and BNSF 9075, while the second shot is a caboose trailing a dimensional load on Q640... Uncommon things under a structure with not a lot of time left... :-)
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard02.jpg
These are screen grabs from video files; the actual video should be on my Youtube channel in a week or two...
  by nick_anshant

MP366 wrote:Auto 352, 354, 356, 360 CP 359, CP362
ScotCP356 wrote:Does anybody knows when this year the old signals in Macedon will come down and the new signals will be online?

Correct. INT 365 will be retained as is until the next go around.

Nick
  by sd80mac

MP366 wrote:Auto 352, 354, 356, 360 CP 359, CP362

Thanks for giving me answers that I was asking. Hmm. I haven't seen new signals that will replace 360?? where is 360's replacement signals?

Scottychaos... I know that all of them are going to be taken down. I was asking which signal bridges will be taken down on or around march 2nd... That was my question refer to Nick's comment of March 2nd...
Last edited by sd80mac on Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by MP366

I believe that's been covered before...360 will be removed with no replacement. 359 will be the wb approach for 362 and vice versa.
  by sd80mac

MP366 wrote:I believe that's been covered before...360 will be removed with no replacement. 359 will be the wb approach for 362 and vice versa.

UGH!!! not a good sign for me...
  by lakeshoredave

losing the signals at 360 is definitely the end of an era.

best regards,
the sabres trading away ryan miller
  by ScotCP356

It's going to be truly different without having signals in Fairport New York or at Quaker Road in Macedon New York. Are the new signals going to be online on the same day (Sorry if I didn't know or ask this again)??

-Scottie
  by MP366

ScotCP356 wrote:It's going to be truly different without having signals in Fairport New York or at Quaker Road in Macedon New York. Are the new signals going to be online on the same day (Sorry if I didn't know or ask this again)??

-Scottie
Cranes for removal of the old bridges are in place at least at 362 and 352 last I saw. The signal suspension lasts from Sunday until Monday, I assume to work out any glitches that may occur, but if it goes like the 335 to 349 cutover the new signals should all be activated on Sunday