• CSX signal replacement across New York State

  • Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

  • 941 posts
  • 1
  • 59
  • 60
  • 61
  • 62
  • 63
  by ctclark1
 
sd80mac wrote:
tk48states wrote:Just for fun I went out to Fairport to find the switch from the mainline onto the West Shore, it wasn't easy, it's east of town by a baseball field, new electric switch, no westbound crossover nearby, can only access from south main track.
No westbound crossover??? clarify pls. There are crossover about 1/10 miles of Westshore connection switch, and in front of baseball field.
The "westbound crossover" is on the east side of the Fallon's Siding switch (which coincidentally was part of the original West Shore ROW)
  by nick_anshant
 
JoeS wrote:I don't recall this being discussed, but - what are the names of the new interlockings on either side of the new Amtrak station in Rochester?
CP 370 and CP 371. Cutover is 6/25.

Nick
  by SST
 
Finally with all this snow fall I went down to the Tift Street Nature Preserve and snow shoed around. I went over to the water tower and all the signals have been changed. I was fortunately enough to catch a small train from either GM or ADM I assume. Like all complaints with these new signals, if you're right in front of the signal, its great viewing. If you're off to the side, not very good.

New signals with the signage about when old rules end and new rules begin:

Image

The GM/ADM train crossing onto the mainline.

Image

CP2 "C" Not the greatest view but I wasn't going to walk on the track to get it either. Zoom in for new rules begin and CR rules end.

Image

I have a video of CSX coming underneath the signals but I'll post that later.
  by Matt Langworthy
 
The NYC signal bridge near Bayview Rd in Hamburg will be replaced soon. The "tower" for new signal bridge was up on Friday (3/23) and the vader signals were sitting on the ground next to it. I was glad to get a few final shots before the old signal bridge comes down.
  by Windseeker1
 
New signals are sitting on the ground just east of the Lakeview Road crossing in Hamburg. Assuming that they would set them off about where they plan to install it, that would mean they will be moving the signal that is currently halfway between Lakeview and Pleasant roads. That would also make sense as stopping at that point wouldn’t block either of those roads.
  by blackbearford
 
Does anyone know why after all the replacement and removal through the area, the signal bridge still stands west of Pixley Rd. even though the new signals have been operating for quite a while? Personally I hope they forget it altogether, but it seems they removed most others as soon as they cut the power.
  by charlie6017
 
blackbearford wrote:Does anyone know why after all the replacement and removal through the area, the signal bridge still stands west of Pixley Rd. even though the new signals have been operating for quite a while? Personally I hope they forget it altogether, but it seems they removed most others as soon as they cut the power.
I believe the location near this signal bridge has a number of power-lines nearby that makes removal a
risk, so it's easier to just leave in place as it is.

Charlie
  by FarmallBob
 
charlie6017 wrote:
I believe the location near this signal bridge has a number of power-lines nearby that makes removal a
risk, so it's easier to just leave in place as it is.

Charlie
That's pretty much the situation. There's multiple high tension lines tight to the north of the ROW. And a small drop off, then swampy woods immediately to the south.

Appears the bridge could be safely removed using a track-mounted crane. But it would require suspending rail traffic for at least several hours to accomplish.
  by Matt Langworthy
 
Windseeker1 wrote:New signals are sitting on the ground just east of the Lakeview Road crossing in Hamburg. Assuming that they would set them off about where they plan to install it, that would mean they will be moving the signal that is currently halfway between Lakeview and Pleasant roads. That would also make sense as stopping at that point wouldn’t block either of those roads.
The new signals at Bayview Road are just west of the crossing, roughly a couple hundred feet east of the of the old signal bridge.
  • 1
  • 59
  • 60
  • 61
  • 62
  • 63