• CSX Hiring Process

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by SonyMan

Belle Vernon, Pa was my interview place. Position was originally for Newell, Pa. BUT the boss for new hires said if hired we would prolly be workin the extra board in Connellsville,Pa cause he really didnt need anyone for Newell. Which is fine by me... I live 1/2 mile from Connellsville, Pa Yard. NO idea what the 130-Selected means though.
  by photoman

SonyMan wrote:Hi i recently ( yesterday ) went to the CSX interview, passed the test, did fairly well at the interview, and after i was home for an hour or so... i received a call from CSX sayin i was selected for " BUFFER POOL " that if someone does not work out i would take their place. they gave me info to go get my physical and drug test done so i would be ready at a moments notice. Can anyone shed light on how excited i should be? or could this turn into a year of waiting or something? any info would be greatly appreciated.
Most likely means that if the people they first selected is unable to pass a background check, physical, drug test, or strength test, you might get a call to take thier place.
  by puncho72

My app for freight conductor has been in Route for a little over 6 weeks. Has anyone had one in for that long?
  by csxwannabe

I've got a carman app. that's been on hold for about 2 months.
  by CSXbridgemechanic

Hello, I applied for a bridge mechanic job in Cincinnati last month, after 1 week I got the email"not selected", I was crushed! Then last week I got a letter in the mail and stated I was being put into the hiring pool for this job, and it would be good for up to a year, I was a little more optamastic, then yesterday I got the "call"! I now have to schedule my physical and do the drug test and background check and the strength test, wish me luck!
  by samirlotfy

CSXbridgemechanic wrote:Hello, I applied for a bridge mechanic job in Cincinnati last month, after 1 week I got the email"not selected", I was crushed! Then last week I got a letter in the mail and stated I was being put into the hiring pool for this job, and it would be good for up to a year, I was a little more optamastic, then yesterday I got the "call"! I now have to schedule my physical and do the drug test and background check and the strength test, wish me luck!
GOOD LUCK!!! I have finished my physical and drug test and tommorrow have the strength test. :-D
  by CSXbridgemechanic

Whats the physical test like? Is it true they will shave your pit hairs? I cracked up when I heard that, the place I work at now has random testing and when you get picked to pee they is someone watching you go, it's like being at the ballgame!
  by samirlotfy

CSXbridgemechanic wrote:Whats the physical test like? Is it true they will shave your pit hairs? I cracked up when I heard that, the place I work at now has random testing and when you get picked to pee they is someone watching you go, it's like being at the ballgame!
the physical consist of blood pressure, urine testing ( they shut the water lines off and put dye in the toliet water and made you empty your pockets no flusing etc until the person comes back in and check everything) , hearing, vision , color blindness test, regular dr visit stuff like ears nose throat . then for me they took the hair sample from my head .
  by CSXbridgemechanic

The only thing concerning me was blood pressure, I take meds for it but it usually is fine, and I take meds for ADHD and my Dr. said that should not be a factor, he even offered to write a letter for me stating that so I hope everything goes good, thanks for the input!
  by samirlotfy

CSXbridgemechanic wrote:The only thing concerning me was blood pressure, I take meds for it but it usually is fine, and I take meds for ADHD and my Dr. said that should not be a factor, he even offered to write a letter for me stating that so I hope everything goes good, thanks for the input!
CSX told me as long as the problem is controllable and you can get a dr note stating that you have it under control its fine!
  by CSXbridgemechanic

I will definitely do that! I am keeping my fingers crossed!
  by kydecoy

Hello
Just needing too know if anyone knows what 040 Final Screen realy means? Thanks for any help. :-)
  by LMT223

I believe it means they are still reviewing applications. It will change to "interview" if they send you the interview email with date, place, and time. If they send you an email saying you're not selected for an interview then it will change to "not selected". Hope this helps.
  by kydecoy

Thanks you for the help. Here is some other info that I have also Found since I asked for some help.

020-Applied-your application has been entered and you have applied for a position
030-Preliminary processing: This process is conducted by human resources and does not have a relevant status
040- HR initial screening: your application is being reviewed to see if you meet the minimum posted job requirements
050- Route: You meet the minimum requirements for the postion you are applying for and your application will be forwarded to the iring department for interview consideration.
060- Interview or Review for interview: you have been selected for interview or your application is being considered for interview consideration.
070- Offer; offer has been extended to you. Occasionally, if this is for an older position, this status may be in correct. If you have questions regarding this status please contact us.
080- Ready for hire: You have passed the pre-employment investigation phase.
100-hold: Someone else is being considered for this position ; once the hire occurs, the status will change to 110-Not chosen
110- Not chosen: Your application is no longer under consideration for the specific position. This status applies to positions you are not chosen for and for requisitions that have been cancelled.
  by need work

I have gone through the med check drug test,and strength test, and my app status says 120 withdrawn, does this mean i am not even being looked at now?