• CSX Hiring Process

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by Jim Rockford

mine was the day before i was to go for the dr. for the test ...lol "ohh yea by the way , you need to be here tommorow"..lol

by DkKnight

Ok - I got a call today from HR rep.
Advised that due to people already in from Jacksonville center signing up for the Baltimore dispatch board that I am being placed in Hold status in the pool.
She said that it is not a bad thing at all and that I can still be called for the position, just not knowing the time frame - up to a year from now.
She did say that I impressed at the interview, and with my job experience and that everything has been done except the physical/drug test.
She said that they will look at it again by June to see what needs they have and are most likely going to have a class at REDI then.
So in waiting pattern - disappointed but still optimistic.

DK

by BigMike

DkKnight wrote:Ok - I got a call today from HR rep.
Advised that due to people already in from Jacksonville center signing up for the Baltimore dispatch board that I am being placed in Hold status in the pool.
She said that it is not a bad thing at all and that I can still be called for the position, just not knowing the time frame - up to a year from now.
She did say that I impressed at the interview, and with my job experience and that everything has been done except the physical/drug test.
She said that they will look at it again by June to see what needs they have and are most likely going to have a class at REDI then.
So in waiting pattern - disappointed but still optimistic.

DK
Are you talking about a Dispatchers job? Whats your background if I may ask?

by DkKnight

Dispatch and managerial experience in the limousine and ground freight transportation industries.

DK
  by estruc30

I applied through CSX for a freight conductor job in Hinton WV. My status changed from "applied" to "route". Just wondering what this means? Also what are the routes that Hinton conductors go to? What cities or towns do we travel to from there? Also it said on the website they are hiring 10 immediate positions for the freight conductor job, yet they put up a new job posting a few days later for the same job at the same place. Why would they do that?

by csxwannabe

I have an application for conductor in Hazard, KY that is now "Route" also. Another guy told me that the application is now being considered for interview.

by estruc30

I wonder what all the "status steps" are? First its applied, then route, what comes next?

by scooterz66

after route (if you're lucky) comes interview then if all goes well, ready for hire
  by Brunomax

Hello, I recently tested and interviewed for a freight conductor position. My application status now says 100-hold. What does this indicate? Are they waiting on the background check or have I been passed by? Thanks for the info.
  by peorge

Brunomax wrote:Hello, I recently tested and interviewed for a freight conductor position. My application status now says 100-hold. What does this indicate? Are they waiting on the background check or have I been passed by? Thanks for the info.
before i got hired in signal dept all of my "HOLD" were before my interview. they also never said 100-hold. sounds good not bad. have you tried calling HR? rr hiring is a slow process, at least in my craft. best of luck to you. :-)

peorge
  by COEN77

estruc30 wrote: what are the routes that Hinton conductors go to? What cities or towns do we travel to from there? Also it said on the website they are hiring 10 immediate positions for the freight conductor job, yet they put up a new job posting a few days later for the same job at the same place. Why would they do that?
Hinton runs both east and west. East to Clifton Forge, Va which I do believe is an 83 mile run, west it goes to Russell, Ky which is considered an Interdivisional (ID) run moving over several subdivisions not sure of the milage.

If the website relisted the jobs it might be because they didn't get enough people who passed the series of tests. Or, it might just be a new listing.

by Jim Rockford

100 hold is a good sign , mine was like that till they called me for my pysical.

by Brunomax

Jim Rockford wrote:100 hold is a good sign , mine was like that till they called me for my pysical.
Thanks for the info Jim. How long have you been with CSX? Have you been working the whole time or have there been some furloughs involved? Thanks again.

by jct61765

Is final screen good?

by scooterz66

final screen is better than "not selected" It's not a sure thing, but you could be getting an offer for an interview