• CSX Hiring Process

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by csxwannabe

I had to take a test before the welder helper interview. Is there a conductor's test? It didn't mention it on the website. I'm not worried about it, just curious.

by Brunomax

csxwannabe wrote:I had to take a test before the welder helper interview. Is there a conductor's test? It didn't mention it on the website. I'm not worried about it, just curious.
The only test you have to take for CSX conductor before the interview is the Industrial Reading Test.

by csxwannabe

Thanks. I'm hoping they call me in this coming week.
  by CSXhopeful

jct61765 wrote:Is final screen good?
Final screen is the step between route and interview...

by csxdude

I have applied for the trackworker in tampa Fl, my status says perlimanary screen what does that meen?

by csxwannabe

I have one in 'Final Screen' so I guess they screen 'em more than once. If things go well, next you'll probably see 'Interview' or 'Final Screen' or 'Hold'. In my book, anything's better than NOT SELECTED.
  by csxwannabe

Just a little testamony from a guy who listens to these guys' advice; I applied for 9 positions with CSX from conductor to welder helper. Right now I have 2 conductor applications in ROUTE and one in FINAL SCREEN. I may not get any of them, but they told me to apply for everything if I really want on, so I did. I'm optimistic that it'll work.

Thanks guys.

Oh yeah, I have also applied for 7 positions with NS but they are all 'in process."
  by trekker

Hey Wannabe, Judging from your vast applying experience, How long do these jobs usually remain on 050-route? I applied for a conductor job in Ohio, and it's been route for almost 4 weeks. Thanks .
  by csxwannabe

Although vast applying experience is certainly nothing to brag about, most of mine only stay in route for a week or less. They then go to final screen, interview or not selected. I hope you get an interview soon. Where are you at in Ohio? My daughter just graduated from Milford High School outside Cincinnati.
  by trekker

A week or less average probably doesn't bode well for me then. I'm about 30 miles East of Lima. About 2 1/4 hours North of Cincy. Thanks fpr the info.
  by csxwannabe

Don't get down yet, I've got a carman app. in Corbin that's been in final screen for about a month now. What's up with that?
  by trekker

Thanks Bro. My APP went to Interview today.
  by csxdude

my app for conductor in tampa went to 050 route today or yesterday.
  by SonyMan

Hi i recently ( yesterday ) went to the CSX interview, passed the test, did fairly well at the interview, and after i was home for an hour or so... i received a call from CSX sayin i was selected for " BUFFER POOL " that if someone does not work out i would take their place. they gave me info to go get my physical and drug test done so i would be ready at a moments notice. Can anyone shed light on how excited i should be? or could this turn into a year of waiting or something? any info would be greatly appreciated.
  by trekker

Sounds pretty good. Where'd you interview at?