• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Bracdude181

@JohnFromJersey The Woodhaven loads have more or less remained the same. Cars that appear to be loaded less likely are carrying heavier lumber and sheet rock. Woodhaven has been getting a lot of sheet rock lately.

Also, the stock price for lumber and whatever else they deal with various. Typically we get much longer trains when the prices go down.

Brick Recyclings cars are banned and Extech is either getting bricks from elsewhere or they can’t get cars either now.

Worryingly, Bel Ray hasn’t gotten a tanker full of ethanol in over a month. I’m hoping that’s not a result of NJT restrictions.
  by NJTMonmouthCoastline

Browns Yard Power as of 4/7/21

CSX 4429

CSX 4432

CSX 4451
  by Bracdude181

Due to me and a friend railfanning elsewhere, I cannot give info on 31s power today. I’ll report what I hear over the scanner to the best of my ability.
  by GSC

What a perfect day to chase some trains. Gorgeous weather, get out if you can. I'll probably wander up to Asbury Road later to catch SA31. See you guys there.
  by Bracdude181

Heard something about Lined and Locked normal on Coast Line Dispatch. Assuming that’s SA31 in South Amboy.
  by RailsEast

The 31 crew is reportedly still at Browns at 4:00 in the pm, no further info at this time.
Chris
  by RailsEast

A report from the field indicates motive power issues at Brown's, unsure at this point when the Southern run may occur.
Chris
  by Bracdude181

How many of the 3 engines in there are having trouble?
  by Bracdude181

I’m assuming they haven’t left browns yet?
  by RailsEast

Correct, but I have nothing further at this time.
  by NJTMonmouthCoastline

Was there an issue either on the Southern or was there a crew availablity issue?
  by Bracdude181

Probably either the 4432,4451, or both broke down. Both of those engines have problems and hopefully this means we will have some different power in Browns.
  by NJTMonmouthCoastline

Bracdude181 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:10 pm Probably either the 4432,4451, or both broke down. Both of those engines have problems and hopefully this means we will have some different power in Browns.
4429 & 4451 were doing yard work yesterday when I was there
  by Bracdude181

@NJTMonmouthCoastLine 4451 has this weird problem where it can’t move well at all even at Notch 8.
  by R&DB

Bracdude181 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:10 pm Probably either the 4432,4451, or both broke down. Both of those engines have problems and hopefully this means we will have some different power in Browns.
So who is responsible for maintaining these locos, Csao or CSX?