Railroad Forums 

• CMSL Cape May (NJ) Seashore Lines Non-Passenger Operations

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1616875  by AceMacSD

Yes the freight. After all, those sand trains are running so fast and frequent that you can't even see them.
I'm by Atlantic City now and I'm hearing a 2016 & 2661 on the radio. A quick search for those engines turn out to be Cape May leasers. Guess they are working today.
 #1617003  by AceMacSD

On Sunday morning, we saw the seashore train just briefly as it crossed a random road, maybe Rte 40, at grade. It was a single lease engine with three or four tank cars. We didn't know the way around the area, thus we couldn't follow. Then went to the SRNJ to scope out their operation.
 #1617312  by Bracdude181

From what I can tell, none of the trains there are consistent. Conrail and CMSL seem to run to Winslow at random.

During the first few months of CMSL freight running from Winslow to Tuckahoe, Atlantic Sweetner was getting more cars than usual. At least once a month versus the maybe 4 cars a year they were getting previously, but now they seem back to just getting a car when they need it.
 #1618106  by AceMacSD

Heard from one of the spotters that there were about 20+ MOW cars left for Conrail at the interchange Thursday night. Are they doing some kind of track work down there? Can't see any justification for trackwork for a little tourist line.
They interchanged last Thursday, so it's seems that Thursdays are their interchange days?
 #1618136  by jdh823

AceMacSD wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:00 pm Heard from one of the spotters that there were about 20+ MOW cars left for Conrail at the interchange Thursday night. Are they doing some kind of track work down there? Can't see any justification for trackwork for a little tourist line.
They interchanged last Thursday, so it's seems that Thursdays are their interchange days?
They were just in storage.
 #1625765  by nomis

From posts on thefacebook.com, NJSL 2000 is enroute to New Jersey. In Ohio on Friday.
 #1625766  by Bracdude181

Yeeeaaahhh that has me scratching my head. It’s in PRSL paint but has NJSL reporting marks.

Furthermore, NJSL is the reporting mark of the company they formed to run the Clayton line. New Jersey Seashore Lines. Not Cape May Seashore Lines…

Aren’t they also getting GMTX 215?