Railroad Forums 

• BR&W Lambertville-Ringoes

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#623555  by PVRX1

Correct. There is no bridge at / by Three bridges.

The old span in question crosses at Neshanic Station between Hillsborough Township and Branchburg Township.

The BR&W bridge by River Road in Raritan Township is not the one youze speak of either.
 #664445  by Ken W2KB

For anyone interested in getting photos of a passenger train north of Flemington, NJ to Three Bridges, the annual volunteer Thank You Express ("TYX") will be departing Ringoes approximately 1:30 p.m. tomorrow Saturday, April 25th and proceeding to Three Bridges and return. The rebuilt Goat Curve track was finally removed from the excepted category as noted in a System Bulletin issued yesterday and effective today.

Regular passenger service between Flemington PRR station and Ringoes starts Saturday May 2, 2009 with the Stop Hunger Express to benefit the Flemington Food Pantry. A donation of two or more food items yields a free round trip ride.

For info on this and other Black River Railroad Historical Trust activities see http://www.brrht.org/
 #664467  by blockline4180

Ken W2KB wrote:For anyone interested in getting photos of a passenger train north of Flemington, NJ to Three Bridges, the annual volunteer Thank You Express ("TYX") will be departing Ringoes approximately 1:30 p.m. tomorrow Saturday, April 25th and proceeding to Three Bridges and return. The rebuilt Goat Curve track was finally removed from the excepted category as noted in a System Bulletin issued yesterday and effective today.

Regular passenger service between Flemington PRR station and Ringoes starts Saturday May 2, 2009 with the Stop Hunger Express to benefit the Flemington Food Pantry. A donation of two or more food items yields a free round trip ride.

For info on this and other Black River Railroad Historical Trust activities see http://www.brrht.org/

Sounds like fun, I might just ride this and support the railroad... Do they still crank the engine up to notch 8 on certain sections?? I remember riding a mixed freight a few years back and he had the train up to at least 45 or 50..I thought the train was going to derail i got so nervous.. What is the maximum authorized speed on any stretch of the railroad?

Thanks!
 #664569  by Ken W2KB

blockline4180 wrote:
Ken W2KB wrote:For anyone interested in getting photos of a passenger train north of Flemington, NJ to Three Bridges, the annual volunteer Thank You Express ("TYX") will be departing Ringoes approximately 1:30 p.m. tomorrow Saturday, April 25th and proceeding to Three Bridges and return. The rebuilt Goat Curve track was finally removed from the excepted category as noted in a System Bulletin issued yesterday and effective today.

Sounds like fun, I might just ride this and support the railroad... Do they still crank the engine up to notch 8 on certain sections?? I remember riding a mixed freight a few years back and he had the train up to at least 45 or 50..I thought the train was going to derail i got so nervous.. What is the maximum authorized speed on any stretch of the railroad?

Thanks!
The TYX tomorrow train is for volunteers with the railroad and their families; of course, new members of the Historical Trust are always welcome. :-) Max speed per my employee timetable is 15 mph for passenger and 10 mph for freight, so the mixed would be 10. It could *seem* faster if the cars rocked I suppose. There are some 5 mph restrictions such as at passenger station platforms, bridges, and so forth.
 #664907  by wolfboy8171981

Heard everyone had a good time. The Open air car looks good on the train, hope we can run it more this year.
 #665029  by Ken W2KB

wolfboy8171981 wrote:Heard everyone had a good time. The Open air car looks good on the train, hope we can run it more this year.
You heard correctly! Great time by all. And the open car was very popular, both by the passengers and spectators who waived as the train passed by.
 #665048  by wolfboy8171981

Ken W2KB wrote:
wolfboy8171981 wrote:Heard everyone had a good time. The Open air car looks good on the train, hope we can run it more this year.
You heard correctly! Great time by all. And the open car was very popular, both by the passengers and spectators who waived as the train passed by.
Good. I'll see you on Sunday with your gloves Mr Brakeman Trainee.
 #665074  by Andrew Blaszczyk (2)

Ken W2KB wrote:And the open car was very popular, both by the passengers and spectators who waived as the train passed by.
As well as a few women who found it amusing to take photos and/or video of the chasers (i.e. my brother and I). LOL I found it amusing as well, I'd just like to see them or have copies for myself.
 #665421  by Jeanne GG1

Andrew Blaszczyk (2) wrote:
Ken W2KB wrote:And the open car was very popular, both by the passengers and spectators who waived as the train passed by.
As well as a few women who found it amusing to take photos and/or video of the chasers (i.e. my brother and I). LOL I found it amusing as well, I'd just like to see them or have copies for myself.
Be only too glad to send you the file.

My passion is railroad art photography, and very much an amateur! I took many photos Saturday -- What a great group of fellows throughout the day, and fellowship on board! Sooner than later, I will post to my personal web page on the sub-page, "Rails" and I will try to place some here in this Camelot called Railroad Net!

http://www.jpalazzo.org/

Jeanne GG1
 #665984  by PVRX1

Yeah, the southbound engineer was really cool too! And without Brakeman Wolfboy too.

Andrew and friend, did you get enough photos? Send me one of me if you got one.
 #666034  by wolfboy8171981

PVRX1 wrote:Yeah, the southbound engineer was really cool too! And without Brakeman Wolfboy too.

What can I say. I havent had this many engineers fighting over me in a long time....At least its over me and not about me I guess.
 #666047  by Jtgshu

wolfboy8171981 wrote:
PVRX1 wrote:Yeah, the southbound engineer was really cool too! And without Brakeman Wolfboy too.

What can I say. I havent had this many engineers fighting over me in a long time....At least its over me and not about me I guess.
You kidding? RVL engineers damn near had a memorial service when you left North Jersey desk :( hahhahah

Great pics of the trains out there, seems like it was a great time!