Railroad Forums 

• Box Cars at Boonton & Bayway

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#70607  by njt4172

And btw, like your avatar. What station is that?[/quote]

Nick,

Thanks....That the Maplewood station...Old Mu's taken back in 1977...

Steve

#70626  by nick11a

OK, thanks! Figured it was one of those. Just looks a little different today to me.

#76176  by nick11a

njt4172 wrote:
nick11a wrote:
Al Holleuffer wrote:njt/mnrrbuff,

There is no set schedule for the local freight job HO-02 out of Dover that serves the few remaining customers on the old Boonton Line. I'm the Engineer on trains 1020 and 1021 and I usually pass them in Boonton once a week, sometimes twice. It's quite possible the HO-02 won't be working at all on Friday, Nov. 26th. I'm not certain if that's a holiday for NS or not. It isa contractual for NJ Transit but we usually run a normal weekday schedule.
Yeah, I've seen them sometimes heading east down the Boonton line in Denville. The times I saw it was with 3063 pulling. It had a fairly decent amount of cars.
Believe it or not, but 3063 is now roaming the NS system...He was last seen out in Chicago.,.I'll try to find pics....Who knows maybe the engine is down in Atlanta......
Found this site today, pretty cool! The shots at Murray Hill on 8/3 are when I was there. I watched the crewman take those shots. I had gotten my shots a few minutes earlier. He also got shots the following week when I was working and couldn't attend. Weather was nicer too.

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/locoPi ... x?id=11869

#76233  by njt4172

Nick,

Whose pictures are those??? I would like to contact the photographer and ask him if I can purchase the pictures for my own personel collection. I love the Murrary Hill and Summit shots!!!

Steve

#76333  by nick11a

njt4172 wrote:Nick,

Whose pictures are those??? I would like to contact the photographer and ask him if I can purchase the pictures for my own personel collection. I love the Murrary Hill and Summit shots!!!

Steve
The guy who took the shots is the guy who worked on the HS02 when I saw him in Murray Hill. When I was watching the train, I saw him get out and walk around and get various shots- one of which is online (the Murray Hill 8/3 photo.) NolifeCRchaser said he knew who the guy was.

And his name is credited on the photos. I remember he had long hair and was wearing a cap and had a nicely sized camera hanging from his kneck.

#79036  by OCtrainguy

I just got the January 2005 issue of Railpace as two of my pictures are in it. There are two photos of the HO-2 taken in August 2004 with NS/PRR GP40-2 3063. One of them was taken at the Murray Hill station.

#79274  by nick11a

OCtrainguy wrote:I just got the January 2005 issue of Railpace as two of my pictures are in it. There are two photos of the HO-2 taken in August 2004 with NS/PRR GP40-2 3063. One of them was taken at the Murray Hill station.
Let me guess. Anthony Paci is the photographer. He's the crewman who works on that train. I thought I was the big Railfan in town waiting for that train but when that train showed up and while they were waiting on the passing track, I could see he was one too. He had a camera twice the size of mine and used it to photograph the train from various locations.

#79482  by kpiersol

The old inferiority complex when someone has a camera twice your size.

#79541  by OCtrainguy

"Let me guess. Anthony Paci is the photographer. He's the crewman who works on that train. I thought I was the big Railfan in town waiting for that train but when that train showed up and while they were waiting on the passing track, I could see he was one too. He had a camera twice the size of mine and used it to photograph the train from various locations."

Yes, both photos are credited to Anthony Paci.

#79714  by nick11a

kpiersol wrote:You can see all of Mr. Paci's RR Picture Archives photos at:

http://geep38.rrpicturearchives.net/
Yeah, I've seen those. He's got some nice shots. Seems like a real nice guy too. I've just never met him. I actually have a shot of him and his other crewman on the red CR caboose pulling into Murray Hill on the reverse move to Reheis. Also, he is waving in the photo.
The old inferiority complex when someone has a camera twice your size.
How true. But the next time we cross paths, I've got a much bigger one to rival his! Mwahaha! :wink:

#80159  by nick11a

kpiersol wrote:Check out his shot of CSX #1 in South Plainfield which was posted just today:

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... x?id=74221
Wow, way cool. That's a rare find!
 #103243  by gravelyfan

Rode past the yard in Boonton yesterday and counted 21 box cars on the two tracks there. Most had YB reporting marks, many were painted gray and had the "Champion" brand name painted out (as in Champion Paper, I guess?).

#103318  by njt4172

GRAVELYFAN,

I'm assuming that Dietrich Steel is the biggest customer currently on the Boonton line???

Thanks,
Steve