Railroad Forums 

• The Bartlett Roundhouse Preservation Club

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#821972  by ThinkNarrow

p42thedowneaster wrote:A big thanks to Scotty, Tim and Paul for a great excursion yesterday! We made it all the way up to Notchland!
I'll be posting up pictures tonight...I'm hoping this was a 1st annual trip.
A vigorous second to that! Not only did we go to Notchland, we also got to see the North Conway roundhouse interior, a tour of the fabulous new Hattie Evans diner, and the interiors of the roundhouse, Russell plow, and freight house at Bartlett. Some of us also walked the Bartlett wye and its tail track. The excursion was even better than having your own private car - it was like having your own private train. Anyone want lunch? OK, we'll stop at Patch's in Glen, and eat our sandwiches during a bull session aboard the Budd stopped on the main line. Couldn't have been better!

-John
 #822279  by Bartlett Roundhouse

b&m 1566 wrote:Is there any restoration work taking place or going to take place in the near future? Or is the club still just trying to raise money for restoration work to take place in the not too distant future?
Hi B&M1566, There is restoration work being done on the roundhouse next month (July) in the form of a new roof. The club is trying to raise money not only for the future restoration of the roundhouse, but for the boxcar and snow plow restoration as well.

Scotty Mallett
President
 #855581  by Bartlett Roundhouse

Otto Vondrak wrote:End of Summer Update posted:

http://bartlettroundhouse.blogspot.com/ ... pdate.html

-otto-
The Roof work has stopped on the Roundhouse as the contractors await a new shipment of Roof sheathing, they should be back to work soon.
Thank you all for your continued interest in the Bartlett Roundhouse!

Scotty
 #857986  by Bartlett Roundhouse

Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to let you know we will be holding one more roundhouse clean up day on Sunday, October 17th @ 10:00 A.M. This time around we will be securing the roundhouse for winter and also doing a lot of brush cutting. If you wish to come and help out, bring your brush cutting shears if you have them. We will also be securing the plow and the boxcar. We will not be doing any inside work as the roundhouse is currently undergoing roof work and it is unsafe to be inside.Remember there are no restroom facility's there at the Roundhouse and that if you are new to the group or just want to help out, you will need to sign a liability waiver to be on the property. If you can not be there we will see you in 2011!

Thank you for your continued support,
Scotty Mallett
BRHPC

http://bartlettroundhouse.blogspot.com/ ... er-17.html
 #871708  by Cosmo

YES!
That's awesome! :-D Now there's a better chance of it surviving the winter.
I will DEFINITELY have to get up there and see it this coming spring/summer, if I don't get to see it during "STEAM IN THE SNOW" first. :wink:
 #871866  by b&m 1566

That's great news! Are there any photos showing the new roof?
What's next on the list of things that need to be done?
 #872041  by Bartlett Roundhouse

b&m 1566 wrote:That's great news! Are there any photos showing the new roof?
What's next on the list of things that need to be done?
I dont have any photos to share, Sorry. Next on the table restoration wise is some sill and foundation work at the back of Stall 1 and 2. Plus measurements for replacement windows. Also a complete engineering study will be done on the building. The club itself will be trying to beef up its membership and continue to raise money for the Roundhouse and also to prep the Snowplow # 68 for cosmetic restoration. The roof though was a first major milestone.
Scotty Mallett
BRHPC President