• Report NJTR delays here

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by Grump

You forgot the all important ending....

"Buhh beep buhh boop boop"

I think thats how you spell it.....
  by nick11a

Thanks Grump, knew I forgot something. :-)
  by Jtgshu

And you know what the best part is Nick? Someone will STILL be late for that train........

"Can you just wait one minute?????? please????"

"Uh no, we can't, goodbye"

Its ONLY 3 hours late............its not THAT bad.........

NJT - same day service! :)
  by BuddSilverliner269

Jtgshu wrote:And you know what the best part is Nick? Someone will STILL be late for that train........

"Can you just wait one minute?????? please????"

"Uh no, we can't, goodbye"

Its ONLY 3 hours late............its not THAT bad.........

NJT - same day service! :)
Hey no fare, That was always our joke at Septa. Geez you know I actually said that 1 day to a lady who came up to my cab window so upset cussing about how septa sucks and yadda yadda yadda and I had nerve enough to say to her that Septa only guarantee's same day service. She walked away from me so upset. Then she turned around and started to laugh about it. :wink:
  by nick11a

Jtgshu wrote:NJT - same day service! :)
Well, they can't garuntee it..... but usually it is same day. :-)

And Budd, that's "fair" not "fare."
  by BuddSilverliner269

nick thanks for the English spelling lesson but I wrote fare for a reason, it was a play on words. Fair or fare. Whatever. You say tomatoes, I say....... Actually nevermind :wink:
  by Jtgshu

BuddSilverliner269 wrote:nick thanks for the English spelling lesson but I wrote fare for a reason, it was a play on words. Fair or fare. Whatever. You say tomatoes, I say....... Actually nevermind :wink:
Don't mind Nick - thats his funny sense of humor....... :-) :-D

Notice the irony with the spelling of "guarantee"
nick11a wrote:
Jtgshu wrote:NJT - same day service! :)
Well, they can't garuntee it..... but usually it is same day. :-)

And Budd, that's "fair" not "fare."
Now, we all know I'm not a great speller (Yes, I know how to spell THE, thank you very much :) ), but the irony in Nick's post is classic!
  by alewifebp

I've always thought of this:
NJT: At least we're not SEPTA!
  by ryanov

I think this one should probably get renamed "report NJTR on-time arrivals here."

Has anyone seen 3866 or 3868 arrive on time yet this go 'round of schedules?
  by BuddSilverliner269

alewifebp wrote:I've always thought of this:
NJT: At least we're not SEPTA!
Haha Alewife. Your absolutely right on that. Besides maybe Septa's saying should be, At least we arent the MBTA.....I always thought Septa was bad til I visited Boston. Besides any company who listens to Septa to air condition the PCC cars should be shot.Haha :wink:
  by nick11a

Jtgshu wrote:Notice the irony with the spelling of "guarantee"
Boy Jt, you found a spelling mistake! Those night classes must be really paying off. :P
  by GSC

I've always wondered if the crews are penalized for running late? I can see a few hundred reasons why they might be late, most not their fault, but since I read that NJT is such a fun place to work, and blame is passed around endlessly, who gets the beatings for a late train?
  by Jtgshu

It depends on the reason the train is late..........If its a slow engineer or slow crew members, then they will get in trouble - there is a rule that makes it illegal to "unnecessarily delay the train" - But if its really heavy passenger volume or signal trouble, or switch problems, or a half alive loco, or other mechanical problems (doors!!!) then its not the crews fault, but they have to report the fact that is making the train not make good time to the dispatcher.
  by Sirsonic

NJT always blames the crew. It is rail operations policy that T&E employees are to be held responsible for the failings and shortcomings of all other crafts, equipment, and passengers. Seriously, you would not believe what NJT has tried to, and actually has, disciplined crew members for regarding delays.