• Question About the Circus Train/GMS

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Ocala Mike

Where was that shot taken, please?
  by SwingMan

Ocala Mike wrote:Where was that shot taken, please?

That's the former Clinton Road station..
  by Ocala Mike

Thank you. From what I can see of the "station building," it looks to be in pretty good shape. What is it used for today? Is that a bench I see trackside?
  by break the seals

Ocala Mike wrote:Thank you. From what I can see of the "station building," it looks to be in pretty good shape. What is it used for today? Is that a bench I see trackside?
It's an active firehouse...
  by mirrodie

Didnt wait to see the animals. Anyone know how late they showed up?
  by Morisot

The animals didn't go by until 8:30. It was elephants and horses. It was cold, dark, and quick! But still fun and exciting.
  by mirrodie

THanks Morisot. Its good to get an idea. LICM has it listed from 6-9 pm but I knew my kids couldnt stay up that late.

Truly appreciate the response.
  by M1 9147

I went by the consist today, and RR crews were actively watching over both track, and consist today!
  by CFDChris237

FYI the train is going to be leaving around 7am tomorrow. And it will most likely being leaving in just one part this time. A little bird told me ;)
  by SlackControl

It's only going to take an hour to put the train together and prepare it for the road? Also, they're going to run it in the height of rush hour?
  by dedm30junk

The Road Crews reporting at 6:00am at GMS on monday morning.
  by SwingMan

Engines were brought in today as usual. They take about 2-3 hours to put the train back together, then they wait for the heavy traffic period to end (Just after 10), then they leave.
  by REM3Night

Just drove past the circus train.
I did not see any motive power. If it came over earlier today it does not seem to be around at this time.
There are a lot of circus wagons waiting to be loaded and more coming.
I also rode the length of the train and it is still split as it was when the brought it in.
Last year the first section departed just after noon.
  by REM3Night

The circus train has "left the building". It passed Garden City at 11:30. It was one unit this year and went slowly until the rear cleared the secondary.
Around 9 it was snowing as they were setting up the train - happy spring!