Railroad Forums 

• ALP-45DP's - Usage and Delivery

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#941375  by Uzi-Cat

HBLR wrote:When is the next NJT locomotive coming across teh pond?
What is a "teh pond?"
 #941392  by nick11a

Uzi-Cat wrote:
What is a "teh pond?"
teh= The
pond= Atlantic Ocean

The poind is more of a UK expression. They call the Atlantic Ocean "The Pond."
 #941399  by Uzi-Cat

nick11a wrote:
Uzi-Cat wrote:
What is a "teh pond?"
teh= The
pond= Atlantic Ocean

Nick, you have become good at deciphering HBLR's unconventional way of posting. Perhaps he should filter all of his posts through you.
 #941411  by nick11a

Uzi-Cat wrote:Nick, you have become good at deciphering HBLR's unconventional way of posting. Perhaps he should filter all of his posts through you.
Perhaps it is time to change the filter. :-)
 #941424  by HBLR

Are they planning on doing any double shipments? 2 locomotives on one ship?

I can't help but be reminded of SeaTrain when thinking about rail equipment across the ocean.

#941437  by cruiser939

Uzi-Cat wrote:
nick11a wrote:
Uzi-Cat wrote:What is a "teh pond?"
teh= The
pond= Atlantic Ocean

Nick, you have become good at deciphering HBLR's unconventional way of posting. Perhaps he should filter all of his posts through you.
I thought patboylan was the only "HBLR/TRE whisperer" we had here Nick The development of this skill is amazing, I thought it was something you had to be born with. Reminds me of the time I was in a Chinese restaurant and I asked the waiter if the food was coming out soon. He responded in Chinese but I just new that he was saying that it would be out shortly. Unfortunately, that was the only time I was ever able to speak Chinese. Hopefully, your ability to speak HBLR/TRE doesn't wear off. You could prove very useful to this board for once. :P
 #941442  by cruiser939

waldwickrailfan wrote:
i heard once a month.(feel free to correct me)
Oh, me, me, call on me! I want to correct you.

Don't know where you heard once a month from because it is categorically untrue. Next one should arrive around September.
 #941451  by Jeff Smith

I'm going to be the Cruiser-whisperer. The last two posts taken together translate to: "the alp-45DP's are on a slow boat to China".

Also, Cruiser's updated signature is a "WIN".
 #941517  by nick11a

I guess I'm something of a prodigy... but not a wunderkind.
 #941536  by Jtgshu

Uzi-Cat wrote:
What is a "teh pond?"
HEY!!!!

HBLR, "teh" is my thing, kinda like a trademark :)

Uzi, don't you start on "teh" - HAHAHAHAHA
 #941539  by nick11a

Jtgshu wrote:
Uzi-Cat wrote:
What is a "teh pond?"
HEY!!!!

HBLR, "teh" is my thing, kinda like a trademark :)

Uzi, don't you start on "teh" - HAHAHAHAHA
I thought it seemed familiar.
 #941574  by Uzi-Cat

Sorry but I feel the need to trample stupidity wherever I find it. You just got caught in the crossfire.
 #941620  by darthdoosh

HBLR wrote:
cruiser939 wrote:
HBLR wrote:As for filming railfan videos in Trenton, I have never partaken in such activities, I have this thing called a job which takes up 98% of my time.
Oh silly me, that was your alternate personality TRE who does that. And I bet you actually believe that you don't shoot railfan videos because you probably classify them as educational documentaries.

"I don't know what this Arrow 3 car is doing... on a train... however it seems to be sitting on the express track in trenton, just chillin' out doing nothing... i think that this train may be disabled, i'm not sure... umm, it's umm... ahh there it goes! i've never seen a train sitting on the express track like that before. someone could explain why that might be happening would be awesome."
What on earth are you talking about/smoking?!? I beg you please to stop trying to make me out as someone else who I'm clearly not. I really thought you & others were joking. I don't have time to take my friends out for dinner unless I schedule a day off. Just because I know what the ties in Trenton look like doesn't mean I spend many days there. I was waiting with my sister for her friend and I simply took a nice walk along both platforms, and I noticed lots of odd junk and cracked ties.

You can feel free to take off the foil hat now...
On the contrary TRE, I think we would all like to know what you are smoking. Nobody is making you out to be anything that you haven't clearly projected with your colorful posts. Only someone with an imagination as far fetched as your's would use a juvenile "I'm at work 98% of the time" retort as some sort of fanatical defense of your character on an internet forum. Clearly you are very insecure about your large amounts of free time, but this is no reason to fabricate an unlikely persona as a "workaholic." Walking around New Brunswick and shooting photos of trains and buses is not your "job," sir - as much as you would like to think it is.
 #941697  by ns3010

If I recall correctly, the DP's were originally scheduled to debut in revenue service this fall. Are they still on track for this? If not, is there a new target?