Railroad Forums 

• CSX Hiring Process

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#867026  by proto05

Pending Manager Interview!! After 4 months of trying, my status changed for Conductor position...looking forward to it!!!

Applied Sep 28
Changed to Pending Review Oct 11
Pending Manager Interview Nov 1
 #867056  by dirtydave

you have to complete the tests before the closing date of the job to be considered for an interview. You will have to wait until another job you want is posted and start from square one. Good luck
 #867088  by ravenfan

I justed wanted to say thanks for all the good information that is on here for people like me who don't really know what to expect in this whole " Hiring Process". When will a person know for sure that they have the job? I have to do my physical and strength testing so I don't expect to hear anything until that is completed. Once again thanks for the help.
 #867122  by matawanaberdeen

dirtydave wrote:you have to complete the tests before the closing date of the job to be considered for an interview. You will have to wait until another job you want is posted and start from square one. Good luck
Oh ok I think I finished the tests before the closing date just not at the same time I sent my application in. I think I'm out of the running like you said but the jobs are still on the website.
 #867333  by ctr44

Has anyone heard from HR about the Trainmaster External Trainee? I talked with HR last week and had a phone interview. They said I would hear something by last Thursday, yet I have not heard anything. My application says pending interview results. I was just seeing if anyone is going through the same thing. Thanks!
 #867416  by matawanaberdeen

ctr44 wrote:Has anyone heard from HR about the Trainmaster External Trainee? I talked with HR last week and had a phone interview. They said I would hear something by last Thursday, yet I have not heard anything. My application says pending interview results. I was just seeing if anyone is going through the same thing. Thanks!
Dude these Railroads take forever to do anything. I have been through the process with a railroad now that started in April. When they say in 2 weeks you'll hear something I'd say its more like 2 months. If they says a month I'd say its more like 3. Weird industry man. They go at their own pace and that pace is SLOW. Hang in their I am tying to myself :(
 #867626  by COEN77

ctr44 wrote:Has anyone heard from HR about the Trainmaster External Trainee? I talked with HR last week and had a phone interview. They said I would hear something by last Thursday, yet I have not heard anything. My application says pending interview results. I was just seeing if anyone is going through the same thing. Thanks!
CSX is back hiring trainmasters off the street? It"s the most dispised job on the railroad. Honestly how can anyone whose never worked on the railroad be in charge of train crews and making sure the territory their assigned to runs smoothly. I don't blame you for wanting the job just be prepared it isn't going to be easy. CSX rules through intimidation there 's a huge riff between management and the crafts. Good luck.
 #867846  by dirtydave

matawanaberdeen wrote:
dirtydave wrote:you have to complete the tests before the closing date of the job to be considered for an interview. You will have to wait until another job you want is posted and start from square one. Good luck
Oh ok I think I finished the tests before the closing date just not at the same time I sent my application in. I think I'm out of the running like you said but the jobs are still on the website.
If the jobs are still posted, reapply there is no waiting period at csx. You may not have to retake the test.
 #867850  by matawanaberdeen

Thanks I took the test and hit submit before the date the jobs came down but my status hasn't changed. Anyway I guess I missed my chance this time around. Do you have to take the tests every time you apply or just the 1 time? Thanks
 #868642  by dirtydave

matawanaberdeen wrote:Thanks I took the test and hit submit before the date the jobs came down but my status hasn't changed. Anyway I guess I missed my chance this time around. Do you have to take the tests every time you apply or just the 1 time? Thanks
No, I havent really figured out their system, it seems like the tests are valid for six weeks or so. Maybe you didnt pass the test this time. If not you should be able to retake it the next time you apply for that craft. Good luck, it is a long, grueling process, I guess it separates the people that think its all fun and games with big paychecks from those that are willing to do what it takes for a well paying job and retirement.
 #868697  by matawanaberdeen

dirtydave wrote:
matawanaberdeen wrote:Thanks I took the test and hit submit before the date the jobs came down but my status hasn't changed. Anyway I guess I missed my chance this time around. Do you have to take the tests every time you apply or just the 1 time? Thanks
No, I havent really figured out their system, it seems like the tests are valid for six weeks or so. Maybe you didnt pass the test this time. If not you should be able to retake it the next time you apply for that craft. Good luck, it is a long, grueling process, I guess it separates the people that think its all fun and games with big paychecks from those that are willing to do what it takes for a well paying job and retirement.
Thanks for the help.
 #868729  by BCW

Well, it's official! Got my phone call followed by an email (if it is written, it must be) on Friday-a great way to end the work week. I have to schedule my physical and wait for the backgroung, overall, not to worried about those. I had an opportunity to check with a live person, on the testing thing...seems that it is okay to submit the assessment after the application was submitted. It appears quite a few folks have pop-up blocker issues. Anyone been told about going to the REDI in mid January 2011? I was told that would be my expected date. I'm stoked and nervous, at the same time. I guess this is a good time to heed the words of Mom, " prepare for the worst and hope for the best".
 #869208  by d0c69

The conductors job was posted sometime Thursday night I fill out an app attached a resume and took there little test Friday morning. My status is Active (Accepting Job Submissioin) Submission status (application pending review) I see that the closing date is this coming Friday the 11th. I was wondering does anyone happen to know how long it would take to get called if in fact I'm lucky enough to get called? For an interview that is.
 #869380  by bradvols

d0c69 wrote:The conductors job was posted sometime Thursday night I fill out an app attached a resume and took there little test Friday morning. My status is Active (Accepting Job Submissioin) Submission status (application pending review) I see that the closing date is this coming Friday the 11th. I was wondering does anyone happen to know how long it would take to get called if in fact I'm lucky enough to get called? For an interview that is.
Was well over a month for me from the time applications closed until hiring session.
 #869752  by dirtydave

I filled out an app. and three days later got invited to a hiring session, but I still have one pending review from april...So who knows.